Would you buy a third expansion pack?

I'm torn. On the one hand, I don't really want more features. BNW made things about as complicated as I would like it to be. On the other hand, I would like to see more official civs.

If its Civs/maps/scenarios I'd most likely pass.

If they change mechanics I'd be like this guy :

I could say, "depends on the content", etc. But really, the answer is:

Almost certainly.

Preference would be announcement of VI.

YES!

...5 character limit imposed on this post.

I'm torn. On the one hand, I don't really want more features. BNW made things about as complicated as I would like it to be. On the other hand, I would like to see more official civs.

That's an very interesting answer, you don't want the game to have complexity?

I find civ V to be a half-finished semiproduct it direly needs a major patchspansion. The game is unplayable with out the community balance patch, but even with that it is still a shoddy product based on a bunch of good ideas that seriously need better implementation.

Civ V is still one of my favorite games. Not in a past-tense way, I play games every couple of days. What I want more than anything is a Civ 6 - a newer Civ V that runs better on newer hardware so late game doesn't drag.

BE didn't interest me at all. It's beautiful and meaningless. Give me a new EARTH civ.

That's an very interesting answer, you don't want the game to have complexity?

I feel like the existing complications already border on tedium. Specifically the Trade Routes and the World Congress. If they were to add more complications, I would want those things streamlined to counter-balance it.

Needless to say, I'm a bigger fan of G&K than BNW.

I always like new civs though. I love trying out mod civs.

YES YES YES! I love playing Civ5. It is relevant and fun now as it was a year and a half ago. If not more.

Personally I'd like to see the following:

Faith bonuses to historically faith tilted civs (India)

Balance to Poland (Just such an "easy" UA with no restrictions 6 free Oracles man is no joke.)

Factories without coal function normally. You *dont need* that many strategics. Thus building three cities and chilling works.

Scale Trade routes with size of empires

An empire with 20 cities gets the same amount of trades as a 3 or two city empire seems odd?

Something with Barbarians - I mean make them more relevant. The ability to pillage trade routes is nice, but honestly they dont matter too much.

In earlier civ versions going wide had benefits (map had more gold, more resources etc.)
Thus we need to somehow make wide worth it. I honestly wonder sometimes "Why Expand?"

A LOT got better with CIV5:

Combat I can't just mow through tons of AI and armies.

Can't just build tons of two or three tile apart cities and expect it to work.

Happiness, Science, and Culture Penalties make Empire growing something you have to manage (YES!)

Flanking! The AI and Barbs seems to flank well!

I like the fact that there are mods that do some of this. But I'd prefer Firaxis to get behind these balance em and release an expansion. I'd buy it talk about it, facebook share it, whatever! Please get behind this Firaxis!

Note: Anyway we can do a petition? Ditch BE! Build CIV5 Complete?

We already had three expansion packs. You just had to buy the components of the first pack piecemeal. G&K was the second, BNW was the third.

I would have said yes 6 months ago but now I think i've sortof had enough.

The engine requirements just really lag the hell out of my pc on even a standard sized map in the late game. Adding yet more content & complexity hence calculations is just going to make it worse. And that annoying leaderscreen crash was never resolved either.

And the AI is awful - most scenario's don't function well either.

Those things really need to be fixed, late game turn times is just horrible. Don't get me wrong BNW is a great expansion and really polished the game but after a while the flaws just become more noticeable.

But there certainly is room for more content no doubt about that. They could fit a whole new era between the renaissance and industrial era. Reduce the benefits of late game bulbing etc so no more absurd 200 turn SVs...

Top Bottom