How do you trigger a GA with US??

meltone1

Civophile
I played as US my last game and I couldnt seem to trigger a GA. By the time I researched rocketry to get the F-15 I didnt have aluminum! Is there another way to trigger a GA besides building that thing? Maybe building a specific kind of wonder?:confused:

you can probably build the wonder called "The Internet", 'cause it will trigger one if you didn't already have one.

Great Wonders can trigger them. Compare your civ's traits vs those of the wonder (in the civilopedia). I'm not sure what it takes for a GW to trigger it though, doesn't happen every time.

For a Great Wonder to trigger a GA, you need for the GW to meet both of your civ traits, OR you need to have several GW's that meet both traits between them. The Internet has all the traits so it should trigger a GA if you haven't had one already.

And keep in mind, if you're going the wonder route to trigger your GA, that you can capture a wonder and have it initiate the GA. But you need to finish another wonder after capturing. The code looks at ALL wonders, not just the recently completed one. So if you're missing out on Pyramids or something, they can help trigger a GA when you finish another wonder.

Gringos have a hard time getting their wonders. Great Wall, Pyramids, and Hoover Dam all spring to mind as solid Industrious wonders.

I believe Magellan's Expedition and Copernicus's Observatory are Expansionist wonders. SETI is Expansionist too, but it suffers from the same problem as the Internet -- it's not really any faster than just getting an F-15 and using lethal sea bombardment to trigger a GA.

The Colossus might be Expansionist too, but I may be getting it confused with the wonders Korea [used to] need for a GA.

Edit: I was right about the Colossus. The Great Lighthouse is Expansionist too, and the Hanging Gardens is your other Indudstrious wonder to choose from.

Top Bottom