Text badge upper left corner

angryvark

Chieftain
I have this badge with the text Civ:IV Beyond the Sword, its 1/3rd blue 2/3rd black, white text. I can't move it, click it. It just sits there over the 2 buttons.

It was there before I installed BUG/BAT too, it was gone for 1 game and now its back :confused:.

Anyone know what that is and how I can turn that off please? It's pretty darn annoying and useless too, if you ask me.

Thanks!

Can you post a screen shot?

Sorry, late reply.

Yeah, I can. It's not always there though and when I alt-tab out of the game, I can move it around.

Sometimes it's all blue with white text!

Mysterious and intruiging, all at the same time!

I don't have the answers - can only guess - as I have never heard of that issue in all my years with this game.

Only can guess at the following possibilities:

1) bad install of main game
2) bad install of mods
3) you messed with some files

and actually, I had noticed your comment about running on Linux. that's probably a huge grey area for most here. Probably need to find some help in the tech forum or Linux users.

Sorry, late reply.

Yeah, I can. It's not always there though and when I alt-tab out of the game, I can move it around.

Sometimes it's all blue with white text!

Mysterious and intruiging, all at the same time!

The bolded part...what do you mean? You can move it around when you go back into the game? It's still on your screen when you are out of the game? It appears in the back seat of your car and you can drive it somewhere? The situation itself is so into the world of weirdness that I can't seem to keep a handle on this part...and everything I think you might be saying there seems far too strange...

Top Bottom