Invasion TBS game

Looks very cool, Civ I & II were the best, IMO. Main weaknesses were stupid AI & too much of an advantage for massive building of cities.

Also, the goodie huts factor was often huge in multiplayer games (especially on small maps).

Edit : Also, are there more wonders? I only noticed one page.

Also2 : A cool bonus feature would be a super large "Earth" scenario where ALL the civilizations could play at once (20 or 30 or however many you have). Might overload the system but would be cool.

Also3 : I'll try to dig up a letter I wrote to Sid Meier back in 1995 or so with a bunch of ideas I had for Civ II (before Civ II came out), maybe you might get some ideas from it. :)

Wow, awesome looking game! I especially dig it because I play older games all the time and like the simplicity in graphics. I hope you continue on with it to the point of completion I would definately donate to play it if you were not able to sell it. Could you add nuclear weapons though?

No there is not nuclear weapons. Last and most developed unit is bomber, an air unit which becomes enabled when advanced flight is found. Maybe I can add this in next version. After one time registering you will be registered all upcoming versions of Invasion.

We all missed the simplicity in games. Some new games lost their fun, because they are very realistic and they have advanced graphics; maybe this is a big power and hardwork however we are all missing something from old games, but we do not know what it is:)

Demo will be time limited (game time) it can be played till 300AC. You can generally produce warrior, pikeman, longbowman, catapult, horseman, horse archer, swordsman and maybe caravel till this year. (Only Britions in demo) If you discover gunpowder till this date this means you play Invasion very well. It is nearly impossible.

Tip : If you want to be good at military and science you have to earn more golds(you can get from taxes and selling products produced in cities) and spend these golds for science and military in cities by increasing science and military budgets. To get more gold you have to convert cotton to cloth, tobacco to cigar, grape to wine and fur to coat in cities. For example selling 100 cotton will make you earn 4 golds but selling 100 cloth will make you earn 15 golds. To convert cotton to cloth you have to build cloth house. To build cloth house you have to produce stone firstly in at least one of city areas:)

Edit :

Edit : Also, are there more wonders? I only noticed one page.

No there are only 8 wonders. They are :
Pyramids
The Great Wall
Hanging Gardens
Colesseum
Colossus (Rodos Tower)
Cop. Observatory
Hagia Sophia
Eiffel Tower

All have different specialities like in Civ.

So, what is this game going to cost? I assume you're charging since there is a demo.

Can I have a free copy as a playtester? :please: I promise not to fileshare!

I have to try to make profit because I want to continue game developing. If I cannot earn I have to do some other job:) This is rule of life. And I believe I am good at game developing and I love doing this so it should have a cost.

But it will be very low, I think it will be about 13-15 Euros.

I have to try to make profit because I want to continue game developing. If I cannot earn I have to do some other job:) This is rule of life. And I believe I am good at game developing and I love doing this so it should have a cost.
I totally understand. And totally support anyone who's making their living doing something awesome like this instead of some crappy job! :goodjob:

But it will be very low, I think it will be about 15 Euros.
:cry: That's like 30 dollars!

To get more gold you have to convert cotton to cloth, tobacco to cigar, grape to wine and fur to coat in cities. For example selling 100 cotton will make you earn 4 golds but selling 100 cloth will make you earn 15 golds. To convert cotton to cloth you have to build cloth house. To build cloth house you have to produce stone firstly in at least one of city areas:)

Awesome idea! :goodjob:

Not to be cruell but your not getting thirteen euros for this. If you finish up the graphics you can probaly get taht much.

Wow... amazing. Touch up on graphics and text, add some nice sound effects, and you might have something really special. cubsfan is probably right, you'll struggle to sell very many for 13 Euros, I'd go for 10. Unfortunately, the wider audience just doesn't appreciate 2D gfx like they used to...

Wow... amazing. Touch up on graphics and text, add some nice sound effects, and you might have something really special. cubsfan is probably right, you'll struggle to sell very many for 13 Euros, I'd go for 10. Unfortunately, the wider audience just doesn't appreciate 2D gfx like they used to...

After you got demo everyone gives their own decision. If you do not think it worths you continue playing demo. If you like game you can buy registration key. Certainly I cannot predict how many people will like Invasion. We will all see. I am impatient to see your good or bad responses after you play.

I do look forward to the demo and if it's a good game I will purchase it. But Civ3 complete goes for around the same price so you'll be hard priced to sell many.

looks very good :D

as was said, with the graphics level you will find it hard to sell for 13euro.

personally, and im NOT a programmer, id make this a shareware.
the exposure you will get from this will let you get other jobs in.

what you can do, is:
1- leave it in demo mode, ask for registration (via EMail) for full version. you can use that database for your own advancement (when you go to a gaming company and say, "look, i have 15000 registered players for this game...." it looks GOOD! )

2- ask for donations for the full version. youd be surprised how many people will donate. assuming most players will be older ones, still digging this kind of game, we dont mind paying a bit..

3- DO TRY AND CONVERT IT into a PDA/Mobile/etc game.

my feel is go with this as a "pilot" project.
spread it around, and start using it to advance your career.

Might have been answered on the website and I missed it but is your game going to be multiplayerable?

Also, you check out my links yet? :D

Might have been answered on the website and I missed it but is your game going to be multiplayerable?

Also, you check out my links yet? :D

No Narz, it is single player.

By the way I will examine it I have limited time for now (becasue 3 days to go) but I will:)

Probably not a very good price point. I just downloaded the orange box, which has five excellent well polished games, via steam for 39 US dollars which is a (about 29 euros).

Honestly, I commend all the effort but this game will appeal only to Hardcore TBS fans and I doubt that you could sell such a graphically obsolete game for such a high price. When I heard that you were wanting to sell, it I honestly thought of more of a price point between 1-5 dollars

How about the Wii?

Its getting a lot of software converted for it in the new Wiiware section.. that would get you MASSIVE exposure, and they are accepting all kind of games :D

Cool.

How is the AI? I hope it's tougher than the AI in Civ II!!

AI is good. Be sure about this. Even I cannot win aganist hardest(level 5) most of the time:)

By the way Mulholland, you said 13 Euro is expensive, but this is not a small game like Tetris or Firecell to sell 2-3 dollars. (Also its 1-2 dollars goes to other places than me) I worked 5-6 years for this game. Ok graphics are worse than Civ3-4 but gameplay is not. And at Civ series the most important thing is always gameplay. I am not worried about people who will not buy game because graphics are bad. I did not make my game for them. I did this game for hardcore civ players.

Also demo will be long enought (till 500AC), if you did not like the graphics and do not think to buy you can enjoy yourself with long demo without paying nothing.

Top Bottom