Celtic Villages

SwordmanFortify

Chieftain
Been playing Civ III since 2002, longtime lurker on these forums, but this is my first upload/original file. I have Scythian/steppe cities and Persian cities to follow, but I need to tweek them a little first.

Attachments

• rEURO.pcx
    228.9 KB · Views: 108
  • EUROWALL.pcx
    50.7 KB · Views: 101
Wow! You seem to like your maps CROWDED! Your graphics look very good along those trees. Nice work and welcome [party]

Mostly did that to get a good screenshot. Anyway, thank you, but the grassland forests files pictured are Balthasar's Mid-Atlantic Trees mixed with a few tiles of his New York Autumn Trees.

Well done. The villages fit in very well with the tiles. Sometimes city graphics dont look natural when on tiles, but these ones fit very well with its surroundings.

Mostly did that to get a good screenshot. Anyway, thank you, but the grassland forests files pictured are Balthasar's Mid-Atlantic Trees mixed with a few tiles of his New York Autumn Trees.

Well done. The villages fit in very well with the tiles. Sometimes city graphics dont look natural when on tiles, but these ones fit very well with its surroundings.

Nathiri has put it better than me :) That is exactly what I meant.

Very nice. At first the textures take a little getting used to, but the more I look at this image, the better I like it. Are you using Ronning's grass? I can't tell. Spotted my irrigation, there. Love what you did with the trees.

Thank you. Really, it's mostly cut and paste from various pictures I found, most of which were photographs of real-life rebuilt celtic roundhouses, as well as miniatures, so there was some pretty intense scaling/sharpening/etc. going on in Gimp, which might be why the "textures" maybe look a little funky, best I could do. I had to shrink everything down further still after I'd put it all together, which is a bit of a pity since they looked much nicer larger but would have been impractical on a map. Some of the huts in the original images were bigger than that screenshot.

As for the terrain in the picture, I've been a compulsive tweaker of Civ III graphics/etc. ever since I figured out the file structure, and I'm constantly modifying a set I like that I tend to sub into whatever mod I'm playing, which in this particular screenshot is a version of TAM that I spiced up with a bunch of graphics modifications, civ-specific unit lines, and preplaced cities, just for my own enjoyment. I think all the irrigation is yours, but it's several sets mixed together. Honestly, I don't really know whose stuff is whose for the most part, as I often use files I particularly liked from any given scenario I've played, which may be annoying if I ever put out a mod. The trees that are actually part of the city files are from some illustrations of oaks that I shrunk waaaaay down and put in at the last minute. I don't think the grassland is Ronning's because I haven't figured out how to mix and match grassland and water files in a way that blends well (I tried), and I'm sure that's not his water. I do, however use his very nice pine trees in this terrain set, though there's only one tile of them in this picture, two tiles to the left of Lugnavall with a road and some deer on top of it.

Top Bottom