Strange error in unit development tree

register

Prince
I have two civilizations Dorians and Mycenaeans which have unique units in first era.
In second era and third and forth their units are the same, I mean they sharing the same type of units. Both civs had the same flavors and favorite government, in general they're very much the same just units are different in first era, unique wonders and leaderheads for each. I double checked my units setting in editor, everything attached. Then why one civ Mycenaeans, can upgrade units from one era to another era but the other civ the Dorians with exactly the same setting cannot do that? I can't upgrade first era's units for Dorians to second era but only to third era? It means that in second era units are not available to produce.

Maybe someone had similar problem and can help me to find the solution for it.

I have two civilizations Dorians and Mycenaeans which have unique units in first era.
In second era and third and forth their units are the same, I mean they sharing the same type of units. Both civs had the same flavors and favorite government, in general they're very much the same just units are different in first era, unique wonders and leaderheads for each. I double checked my units setting in editor, everything attached. Then why one civ Mycenaeans, can upgrade units from one era to another era but the other civ the Dorians with exactly the same setting cannot do that? I can't upgrade first era's units for Dorians to second era but only to third era? It means that in second era units are not available to produce.

Maybe someone had similar problem and can help me to find the solution for it.

Are you sure the upgrade path is right? If a unit is unvailable for a civ, but is in the upgrade path, that unit is skipped in the upgrade path for that particular civ, and will upgrade to the next available unit.

I looked at your upgrade chain.
Dorian spearman's next upgrade is Aeolian Greek spearman with Military training.
Can you explain how you're testing and getting your conclusion? After researching Military training, and with a barracks, you should be able to upgrade.

Something I wondered is how are those 200+ shield units working out? I see two production buildings, but how many turns does it take to build a Macedonian Horseman, for example, in the second era?

I looked at your upgrade chain.
Dorian spearman's next upgrade is Aeolian Greek spearman with Military training.
Can you explain how you're testing and getting your conclusion? After researching Military training, and with a barracks, you should be able to upgrade.

Something I wondered is how are those 200+ shield units working out? I see two production buildings, but how many turns does it take to build a Macedonian Horseman, for example, in the second era?

In the game is like that but it shouldn't be because that's skipping from first era to third.
First should be Late Mycenaean Spearman or Swordsman or Horseman, not Aeolian.

200+ shield units are fine, that's forth era where everyone should have large civilization with many cities with many buildings, irrigation, roads, etc. In general it takes between 3 up to 15 turn I think. I don't remember now to be honest because I was not playing long time until forth era.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 251
I was specifically talking about the Dorians.

Yes, your Dorian spearman upgrades to the Late Mycenaean spearman, but the late Mycenaean is unavailable for the Dorians, so it would skip this unit and go to the next, which is the Aeolian.

(I'm looking at the Western med biq.)

Top Bottom