Can't melee wounded units

Ankorafeonix

Chieftain
I'm playing BNW in normal gameplay - without mods - and I find that my melee units cannot attack enemy units with red health-bars :|

Ranged attacks work fine, but unfortunately there is a barbarian encampment on an island and I haven't got anything better than a Trireme - but as it's melee, I can't kill with melee units. The problem is that apparently there are "no enemies in adjacent tiles".

Any ideas? Thanks :)

I did not think that a melee water unit could even attack a land unit. It only attacks water units or cities on coastal tiles. It may attack an embarked land unit. I don't think that it can clear an encampment, because it would have to move onto a land tile.

To capture the encampment you have to send a land unit, and only after you can embark a unit that has the embark capability.

Melee water units cannot attack units on land (they can attack land units that are embarked, of course). You will need to swim a land unit to the island to clear the encampment.

Moderator Action: Since this isn't a technical problem, thread moved to General Discussions.

Yeah I should have mentioned that I did swim a land unit there, but it's not just in that case. Any land battles, my melee units can't attack low-health units - it just says no enemy in adjacent tiles...

If you're using the attack button on the side then don't bother. Try just right clicking on the unit you want to attack. It's how you capture civilians with ranged units. If you do that anyway then there's something weird.

Try taking a screenshot of the issue, it'll give us a better idea of what's going on.

"You must use a land unit to take the island."

I already said, it's not about the island or attacking from water... it's with all cases of melee units unable to attack enemies in adjacent tiles when their health bar is red. I'll take a screenshot tomorrow and post it up :)

Top Bottom