Does anyone have Rhye's palette.pcx?

Yes, I have that - the folder of "ntp*.pcx" colors for units in \Scenarios\ModName\Art\Units\Palettes - but the colors unzipped into that folder are IDENTICAL to the ones in "Civilization III\Art\units\Palettes"! (I checked EVERY one of the "ntp*.pcx" files against each other in each folder.)

Admittedly, it's been a LONG time since I fiddled with colors, but still ... :confused:

Attached are 2 screenshots: (1) Scenario Properties and (2) part of the map, simply to show that the proper \Scenarios\ModName\Art folder is being used (Terrain.)

:help:

Attachments

• TF Scenario Properties.jpg
    TF Scenario Properties.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 80
  • TF Color Problem.jpg
    TF Color Problem.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 63
is not Rhye,
Here from my Mod Territory.pcx the file is from Terrain folder;

:) the palettes folder is in my Units Directory

Creator unknown:blush:

Ozymandias
I hope I could you a information for the border

:coffee:
Greeting
Wotan49

Attachments

• Palette_NTP03.jpg
    Palette_NTP03.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Terrain_Unit.rar
    89.6 KB · Views: 23
OK, now I'm really confused.

The territory.pcx is just the borders of a Civ, yes?

What file(s) go where to completely change the team colors (Units; City Names) for a Civ?

I unzipped the "Rhye's New Team Colors" onto my desktop, copied the entirety of the "Palettes" directory into my \Units folder - and the result is exactly as I described in the first post (I only asked about "Palette.pcx" - not Palettes - because a "Palette.pcx" appears in the "Civilization III\Art" folder.)

MORE BIZARRE! -
  1. My Win7 folder viewer could not "see" the three unzipped Rhye's Mod folders under "\Scenarios" until I changed my folder (Windows Explorer) view parameters - then ALL I could see were the "Rhye" folders!
  2. I copied all the "ntp*.pcx" into the buffer, launched another Windows Explorer - and was back to seeing all other scenario folders except Rhye's!
  3. I then opened my own \palletes folder and pasted the Rhye's "ntp*.pcx" files into it.
  4. Using the standard C3C Editor, the Editor now displays the "usual" colors under the "Civilizations" tab but shows the Rhye's colors on the map!

:help:

Ozymandias
about territory.pcx of nations paint the city is allocated.

here Rhye´s Colors
Spoiler :

;)With Win7 I am not familiar.

Greeting
Wotan49
:old:

Attachments

• Border mit Rhye.jpg
    Border mit Rhye.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 223
This shouldn't be giving you so much of a headache. I do recommend Rhyes colors as they are much superior to Firaxis originals. They really have a nice shimmer/sheen.

Spoiler :

1. It seems you've done this, but if not make sure you can see all files as Quintillus details in post #14 of this thread.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=552308

2. Option A: easier for me.
I use the biq included with Rhyes colors for my basic mod/scenarios and build up from that. (Linked above) Rename it and make it your own. I assume you could import all rules from a previously made mod if that's what you need to do.

3. Stop messing around with the original files in CIV III art folder or Conquests folder and do all your work in the scenarios folder.

4. Make sure your scenario has the folder name in the search listing rather than having it revert back to original conquest files. It will revert if it doesn't find anything to use.

5. Colors will show up in biq/rules tabs.

Option B: Also easy.
Throw the palettes folder from Rhye's into your modded scenario units folder. Make sure scenario search folder is defined as noted above. Biq should show proper colors on civilizations tab.

To All You Wonderful, Most Helpful Ones:

1. Rhye's auto-installer made a directory tree and installed in "Program Files" instead of "Program Files (x86)" :wallbash: (for the record, my folder settings were correct.)

2. YET if the "territory.pcx" file is the problem - Where is it? The basic game has its in "\Art\Terrain" but it's nowhere to be found in any of the Rhye's directories ... (although, e.g., I see that Ares' Terrain contains one.)

3. ... So I checked the "Anno" mod - not Rhye's. Might someone point me to a mod (however bizarrely, not one of Rhye's ... ) which uses said terrain replete with the proper "territory.pcx" or just post the beast? (Hint ... Wotan49, my friend? ;) )

:badcomp: ,
Oz

PS And now I think I'm going to just shoot myself. Another 1:1 "ntp*.pcx" files found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\art\units\Palettes are identical to those in the basic game.

-O.

PPS Would someone mind simply zipping up and posting the proper "territory.pcx" & "ntp*.pcx" files?

-O.

1. Forget most auto-installers considering they're about 10 years old. Unzip your files to desktop or another location and manually place them where you want.

2. Territory.pcx is located in the terrain folder, but is irrelevant in the matter at hand. It just uses whatever colors you are using, Rhye's, Firaxis or any others. Since you specifically requested Wotan's help, I'll leave that to him.

3. Some files were changed. Others were not. Most changes are subtle. But I can see the difference in game.

Different:

Same:

Different:

4. As I already stated, put Rhye's palettes folder in whatever units folder you are using. Done. Rhye's biq has the colors in a more preferable order in my opinion, and eliminates duplicate colors.

After cross-checking this thread, the thread with Rhye's posts, the documentation I wrote up about Civ colors in my editor when I added the ability to fully customize Civ colors, and also playing around with it some with Rhye's graphics since this is a complex area...

wuhjah's post is pretty good, particularly with the point that the changes are subtle. In the screenshot's below, I've compared Firaxis's color 1 with Rhye's color 1, where you can see the RGB values of many of the colors at once (an expanded version of what wuhjah's screenshots show):

Most of the colors do look quite similar when viewing them together - at least on my midrange monitor - but most of them are in fact subtly different.

You can also see in the above the purposes of several of the colors, though not all have an identified single purpose. But these are what control the color of territory borders. Territory.pcx only controls the shape of the borders, and whether more than one RGB value from the ntp##.pcx file is used at once. Wotan49's will only use one color, whereas the Firaxis one will use more than one since it has both yellow and red in the Territory.pcx file (which are then re-mapped to the appropriate color from an ntp##.pcx file in game or in the editor).

So, in short, you don't need a particular Territory.pcx file to use Rhye's colors. The same applies for city colors - the ntp##.pcx files are sufficient for that.

It's also worth noting that in Rhye's thread, in post #8, he posted some more experimental colors. These are not the same as the ones in post #3, and on his website, although it's where some of his more unusual combos such as the blue-orange multi color one and the white-red Danish one reside.

Finally, all of Rhye's files are going to be the same size as Firaxis's, since these PCX files are all just one pixel, plus the palette (which is what Civ uses them for), and thus they'll always be exactly 900 bytes. The modification dates, as seen in wuhjah's screenshots, can be used to indicate which have been modified, but examining the palette itself, or viewing them in-game, is going to be most useful for telling the differences between them.

Top Bottom