Stop barbarians spawning?

ST4LIN

Chieftain
Is there any way to stop barbarians from spawning once Industrial age is reached? Seems the AI puts barbarians as top priority. Even when it's at war with its neighbor, if there are barbarian horsemen near by, it'll send tanks and stealth bombers against these weak barbarian horsemen, what a waste.

As far as I know you can only disable Barbarians completely. In the real game, once Industrial Age is reached, most of the terrain is owned by a civilization and so very few barbarians spawn.

I suggest you could set them as sedentary - once the AI empires cover more territory over time, the barbarians will slowly die out since they only appear in uninhabitated terrain.

Oh, okay, I might be mistaken then. What was the setting that makes barbarians appear but just sitting around then?

I dont recall such a setting and i've checked the editor. There's 3 settings of barbarian activity (low, medium, high) and then there is sedentary.There is also a setting for no barbarians at all, but I dont think that is in the world setup.

Even if you set NO Barbarians in the Biq, their camps will still appear.

I changed the Camps to "Stray Supply Drops" for Escape From Zombie Island 2 Complete and players get Supplies when they get them rather than Gold.

Setting No Barbarians in the Biq is the best way to prevent them but the Camps still appear until the Territory is influenced by others. Just change the camps to look like something else you would like to get Gold from. The camps do not have any Barbarians.

Naturally, if you set Raging Hordes, you will get more camps.

Setting No Barbarians in the Biq is the best way to prevent them but the Camps still appear until the Territory is influenced by others. Just change the camps to look like something else you would like to get Gold from. The camps do not have any Barbarians.

Are you saying that these settings cause 'uninhabited' barb villages to appear in game that you can only get gold from, no tech or settlers?

Are you saying that these settings cause 'uninhabited' barb villages to appear in game that you can only get gold from, no tech or settlers?
Yes... No Barbarians, just the Camps or what ever you use to replace the camps.
Also, if you select Raging Hordes, they will appear more often.

I changed the Camps to "Stray Supply Drops" for Escape From Zombie Island 2 Complete and players get Supplies when they get them rather than Gold.

Hmm, interesting. However, I do like Raging Mad Barbarians, but it would be nice to get more gold or other goodies from their camps. Did you use the setting on the General Menu of the Editor to add the supplies, Vuldacon?

Hmm, interesting. However, I do like Raging Mad Barbarians, but it would be nice to get more gold or other goodies from their camps. Did you use the setting on the General Menu of the Editor to add the supplies, Vuldacon?
timeover51... I used the General Tab, Units Tab and Scenario Properties Tab for "Supply Parcels" and No Barbarians.

Attachments

• No Barbarians.png
    No Barbarians.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 134
Don't be confused... I posted both the Supply Parcel and No Barbarians settings.

...for No Barbarians... use the General Tab and Scenarios Tab.

I also have a Supply Drop Point that can be built that makes supply parcels that can be cashed in at the Capitol.

I simply changed the graphics for Barbarian camps to a collapsed parachute and box. Since there are no Barbarians, the player gets Supplies in my game when they capture them... you could use Gold.

Top Bottom