Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hi, I can't download the folder, is the download database closed? (attached what I see: http://zupimages.net/up/15/03/7h8d.png).
I have an other problem with the download mods in general (all of them), It crash after launch from the menu of bts. Then desktop, and a APPCRASH message, (module: CvGameCoreDLL.dll)
Thank's for your help!

Skip this, instal SVN (here is full info about SVN), download always newest version of mod and play :)

Hi,

thanks for the tip with SVN download, worked well.

However, I encountered a mistery problem ingame.

Some settings are:

Prehistoric Era
Speed eternity
Ruthless AI

During inital game phase,

129 turns done
43 turns of Universal Peace remaining.

Suddently Hannibal declared war on me ???

How is that possible during universal peace time ?

Thanks for info.

regards onkelm

Hi,

thanks for the tip with SVN download, worked well.

However, I encountered a mistery problem ingame.

Some settings are:

Prehistoric Era
Speed eternity
Ruthless AI

During inital game phase,

129 turns done
43 turns of Universal Peace remaining.

Suddently Hannibal declared war on me ???

How is that possible during universal peace time ?

Thanks for info.

regards onkelm

Do you have the Option Start as Minors On too? And did you just meet a unit of Hannibal?

And as a side note: Ruthless AI still has some "quirks" in it, even moreso if Agressive AI is used in conjunction.

JosEPh

Hi JosEPh_II,

no, the options start as Minors and Agressive AI are not used.

Never happend before.

And of course yes, Hannibal as Leader of the Carthaginian declared war and was sending 4 stone thrower to my city. He was known since about 50 turns.

OnkelM

Hmmm, thats what I would expect from "43 turns of Universal Peace remaining" or ?

I'm not trying to challenge that you're seeing some kind of indication of that. I'm just wondering what option is bringing it up and where it's showing because much as it may seem like by now I must know everything about the mod, it could take lifetimes over for someone to know everything inside and out and this just doesn't strike me as something I remember ever displaying anywhere or being an effect in play under any conditions. Not saying it isn't... just saying I'm strangely not aware of it. So I'm hoping someone will illuminate me as to what I'm missing here.

For one thing, in your game, where does this message display?

Hi,

I am actually not shure, but is "xxx turns of Universal Peace remaining" not part of any game ? As far as I know, I do have this every new game.

However, it is displayed in white large letters in the upper right corner, below the field of view slider.

Edit: I just learned, it is only part of a advanced start game !!!.

That certainly explains a lot then. OK... now that I've got an idea where that's stemming from I can take a look through the coding to see what's intended to enforce it and how it might've been broken and where to fix it. :D

The "x turns of universal peace" is normal in BtS but we lost it when we added the Prehistoric Era. It is not only the period where war cannot be declared, "even with start as minors" iirc, but is also a period when no barbarian units of any kind spawn. I think that even barbarian cities from the "Barbarian World" option are not supposed to appear until after this period. It is a grace period for you to find a suitable plot for your first city.

Why is it that the full range of options in BUG only appear sometimes and (related I think) why do the chnages I make to to setup of adviosr screens get lost when i reload a game?

Why is it that the full range of options in BUG only appear sometimes and (related I think) why do the chnages I make to to setup of adviosr screens get lost when i reload a game?

When you make the changes do you save the game and then save the game again straight away? We don't know why you have to save twice but it has been that way for a long time.

Hi, at present my computer I7 870 3.4GHz, I feel end of turn is so slow when in mid game. I use gigantic map around 24 civ.

I know Civ4 is single threat process so if anyone has tried end turn speed with AMD 5GHz ?

Thank

ok no one have ever tried using AMD 5Ghz I see.

How about I7 4780K OC to 4.4GHz, have anyone ever tried have significant increase performance ?

How about I7 4780K OC to 4.4GHz, have anyone ever tried have significant increase performance ?

I have I7 4790K 4.0-4.4 Ghz with SSD drive. I start C2C directly from a link on my desktop.
From clicking the link to the C2C menu takes about 35 seconds.

Note: I play SVN 8196 (jan 2nd 2015).

Overclocking for this game is basically a wasted effort, being BtS is single core engine.

I have the game on 3 computers: 1st a dual core E7400 built in 2009 with XP Pro x64, Radeon HD 5700; 2nd is on an alienware i7 920 8GB of ram, Radeon 6400; and this one is an i7 2600K with 8GB ram, Nvidia Gti 550.

I have no problem running the mod on any of them. Turn processing is a Direct correlation to Map Size Plus # of Civs in game. By Mid-game each Civ can have anywhere from 10-40 cities. Now add in units per city plus tile improvements and processing is going to add up.

Your i7 820 is sufficient to play the mod with reasonable turn time IF you do not start with more than 15 Civs on a Map no larger than Giant. Being your current game is on Gigantic with 24 Civ your mid game turns (which are generally the slowest all game, not too many AI removed by then) may take you a minute or 2 to process.

Now If you have Options On like Barb Civ/REV/Barb World, then you have added on even more processing, as these can add more Civs to the game.

Of course you've not stated the length of your End of Turn processing time either. And maybe you expect it to be a mere matter of seconds like other newer games may have. This will never be the case for C2C.

JosEPh

Your i7 820 is sufficient to play the mod with reasonable turn time IF you do not start with more than 15 Civs on a Map no larger than Giant. Being your current game is on Gigantic with 24 Civ your mid game turns (which are generally the slowest all game, not too many AI removed by then) may take you a minute or 2 to process.

JosEPh

I would personally never play more than 9 civs on a Giant map. 7 Civs on a Huge map, 6 on a Large map etc etc. . .

Right now with all the corrections being made, the AI will build TWICE as many cities/town than you by Classical era. Then just invade and take over his/her stuff, lol.

thank you for your information OC is such a waste, my game each turn take about 30sec which i feel very very slowly. If I play only 5-10 civ certainly will not fullfill my ego :)

thank you for your information OC is such a waste, my game each turn take about 30sec which i feel very very slowly. If I play only 5-10 civ certainly will not fullfill my ego :)

Where you are at in your posted game 30 seconds for EoT is Good Not slow at all. :)

Don't expect a 2004 Civ IV based engine to play (turn procressing times) like current much smaller content games. Or even the dumbeddown Civ versions like Revolutions, V, or BE.

JosEPh

Medieval era, 24 Civ excluding barbarian.

Is there any MOD or modify the code to change Civ4 from single process to multiprocess ? just curious

Top Bottom