SGOTM 15 - Maple Sporks

I'd stick to Currency after Construction for next set, and then see what is has brought us. I think we should pop the scientists regardless of techpath, so no reason to make the decision just yet.

Sounds like theology is a medium rather than short term priority. Is this the consensus?

That'd be me opinion as well.

I'd at least build DeerCow, it should be able to help out with the war-effort. Not so sure about NorthernGold.
I think I'd build it, but on a hill instead (2S of Gold). Get a wall in there and some units, and it should be able to hold of the inevitable dogpile from the Northern Toku. It needs some culture soon though to get the deer and gold (chop a lib/monument? pray for fast religion spread?)

Hi Guys,

I definitely can't make the time for this round of SGOTM, sorry for that. Count me out of the roster. I'll be there in spirit though, cheering you on!

Too bad, DS. :( Some moral support from time to time would be appreciated though. :)

Settler for deercow is nearly ready. Personally think northern gold would pay back for itself, so would go for it. For the rest concentrate on military while keeping research afloat with 4 rep-boosted scientists.

As I said, I'd build it for defensive purposes, if it's paying itself back, even better. I haven't bothered to calculate the maintenance cost for it.

I think we can build Deer/Gold in the best location and just block off on the forest tile 1W of deer.
With a fort built that is +75% defense (same as walled city on a hill) so we really only miss out on cultural defense bonuses in that case.

I suppose that the AI could put units on a galley and bypass our fort, but I don't give the AI that much credit.

That would work as well, and would get the city up and running a bit faster.

Seems fairly straighforwards, two more cities, libraries and scientists and a few axes.

Looking forward to reading the plan.

Have you guys seen the warning in the maintenance thread? There seems to be an issue with the red fist indicating WHEOOHRN either not popping up when it should or popping up when an AI isn't actually in war mode.

A plan:

Pearly Swine, double whip lib next turn, grow to pop4, run 2 sci, work pig and gems, slow build barracks.

Marble hill: axes

Stonehill: grow in 4, rax in 4, settler for northern gold.

Golden Fleece: double whip settler next turn, overflow into lib, work 2 scientists and food, slow build rax.

Workers: marble hill completes ghill mine, pearly swine and stonehill forget farms, chop forest where cowcamp city is going then camp deer. Workers then start building roads, (connecting and northern route).

Don't forget to switch to rep! (we didn't do that yet, did we?)

Rep also increases happy cap, so see if you can grow a bit.

Tech construction I presume?

Otherwise sounds fine to me. Haven't checked with the save though. :)

I'l leave rep for 1 turn to get the axe out of MH first. Playing in a couple of hours.

Here's the save: http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm15/Maple_Sporks_SG015_BC0725_01.CivBeyondSwordSave

975. Hinduism spreads to Pearly Swine (PS)
Whip library in PS
Whip settler in Golden Fleece(GF).
Marble Hill (MH) axe>axe.
Revolt to rep.

950. Warrior defends succesfully v barb warrior near Stone Hill (SH).
PS lib>rax, grow next turn.
GF settler>lib, grow bext turn.

925. Northern warriors survives barb warrior.
GF lib>rax, runs a scientist (not enough food for 2 sci+gold).
SH border pop, cows now in borders.
Chop forest for 20h to SH, Cowcamp founded, starts rax.
PS runs 2 sci and gems.
Toku says he has an axeman.

900. SH pop 6, rax>settler (4t).

875. MH axe>axe.
PS border pop.
Hammu has a swordsman.

850. Hinduism spreads to cowcamp.

825 zzz

800 SH settler>axe.

775 MH axe>axe

750 GF rax>axe.

725. Construction, provisionally start currency.
SH axe>cat.
MH axe>cat.

Settler has a move, unsure where we're going to settle Golden Hind.

We have 5 axes (and 5 warriors for 6 cities).

No-one has enough on their hands at the moment.

Sounds fine, will have a look later. Good work on the hindu spreads too. :p

sturick the weekend warrior is up, Norvin on deck.

Top Bottom