Questions about available Civs.

Xaven.

Chieftain
I am played G+K... i just recently got 5 and the expo after being a long time Civ fan... just held off on 5 until now as I was into some other games.

I have watched some let's play videos where Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon is a playable civ but I do not see Babylon as on option for me which is quite disappointing. I also originally had Korea until I applied the expansion and now it is gone. I get some new civs of course but why would it remove old ones (balance issues?)?

Also I have read various posts where people are talking about playing as the Vikings and other interesting civs and I do not understand if I am missing an update or are they some type of mods available to get these civs. Can someone please fill me in and maybe tell me which civs i should have with a fully updated game right now or if there is a way to get more civs. Thanks in advance.

You can buy some civs (Korea, Babylon, Denmark, Spain & Inca, Polynesia) as a DLC on the Steam network.

If you had Korea and its gone then you should check your Steam if you can re-download it or the main menu of the game and check which DLC's are turned on

Steam does all kinds of weird things to your games because it just feels like it. I donwloaded a GDR Mod (first time) off Steam and Steam decided to just suddenly delete it for no reason, so now I stay with manual Mods I find here. Reinstall it again, and once you have it all, disconnect from Steam and you shouldn`t get any dumb interruptions- that`s if you play Offline.

I know many people love Steam, but I really don`t like the way it messes about with your games without permission.

O wow okay, thanks for the responses. Yeah i got kind of a package deal so when I saw civs removed I just figured the devs did it because of balance issues or something, didn't realize it is a install file/steam issue. Yeah, prob easiest to just reinstall and stay disconnected from Steam.

I personally do not like Steam either. It just seems like a hassle for the most part. Granted it has some advantages but it just feels like an unnecessary "middle-man" most of the time.

Top Bottom