Anyone still playing Civ4Col?

Yashed To

Last man standing
Hi!

I consider myself to be a long-time fan of Sid's titles (way back since 1991), but it occured to me that after playing three or four times in the first two weeks after purchasing, Civ4Col ist likely collecting dust on my desk.

The game doesn't just grab my attention.I'm missing a lot of things from the old Civ, and I surely do miss any kind of, well, suspense. Rounds up to DoI just flow by insignificantly, and WoI is just a mayhem, with no dramaturgic development between those two stages.

I try to avoid the term "boring", but that is what this game finally ends up for me to be. :(

Oh well, back to old CGA/VGA.

Yeah I'm still playing, my Mod AoD2. :)

I'm still playing, tough they could do alot of fixing to make it more playable :(

Yes, I am still playing Civ4Col. But not as much as I used to.

I've been much too busy adventuring with my new Death Knight in World of Warcraft. He is so uber!

WOTLK rocks too much. All other gaming has been suspended and will be for months...probably til D3 comes out.

I enjoyed my time with newcol but ultimately the game is a letdown and Firaxis complete ignoring of fans, crappy website, total lack of community other than sites like this that they do little with, etc, have really made me wonder why I support this company by purchasing their games. Firaxis needs to get with the times - there's no excuse for a company as successful as they are to have such a pathetic web presence.

Öjevind Lång;7538919 said:
Not I. A really good patch with more victory conditions and a longer game time might bring me back.

I'm in the same boat, just keep checking back here for a patch, please!

Öjevind Lång;7538919 said:
Not I. A really good patch with more victory conditions and a longer game time might bring me back.

AoD2 now incorporates Economic and Industrial victory conditions, and I've plans to add Commonwealth later. :)

Dale, it's a shame that it seems to be you (among others) doing the job, not the official staff. But I do consider giving your patch a try. Adding these victory conditions has a nice ring to it. :)

AoD2 now incorporates Economic and Industrial victory conditions, and I've plans to add Commonwealth later. :)

Good for you! And I *have* played your Patchmod and enjoyed it. Even so, as others have already said, it's a pity that you have to do Firaxis' works for them. :)

This is a game I like very much so I’m still playing. It’s a very good trade game and I like trade games. I’ve changes the xml-files to put more emphasis on trading. The changes makes the game a little bit too easy so I still have some tweaking to do. I also have two more steps to climb on the difficulty ladder so I believe I will play it for months. :)

Yes, of course I'm still playing. It's far slower paced than hack-em-ups like WoW, but then again that's the whole point. Planning, micromanagement and development.

This said, there is a lot of room for improvement, and I have high hopes for seeing excellent mods come out of the contest. I'd like to see an improved version of Dales Age of Discovery II mod, perhaps including some of the founding father fixes I've seen elsewhere. But that doesn't stop a guy from playing.

Great game, though not for everyone, and loads of room for improvement.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Incredible how Firaxis continue to totally disrespect their customers with these crappy, untested releases. For christs sake start firing these idiot play-testers you must have, or at least fire the person who doesn't listen to what any semi-intelligent playtester must say about these constant problems. Nearly every patch and game since civ4 first got released has initially been completely ******ed, requiring numerous 'unofficial patch'es by independent fans just to get the game(s) into some kind of non-broken state. A new firaxis release generally takes about 10 minutes of playtime to find numerous, completely obvious bugs. WHY IS THAT? Please just stop it and get back to reality. Stop harboring whatever morons are causing this, testing this or programming this nonsense and show them the door ASAP. Just tell them the economic slowdown is to blame.

Quit hoping for a patch and just play Patchmod or AoD2. They both make very fun versions. Each cures that Colonization itch very nicely.

In other words: Yes, I'm playing and enjoying myself. :)

Of yeah I play.
Play AOD2 if you want fun playing, and man I found the ultimate strategy, I won at Governor yesterday, now I have to test it for higher level.

Top Bottom