Hagia Sophia without Shrine / Pyramid

GiantLittleDog

Warlord
Will I still get my free temple if I don't have a shrine or pyramid in the city I build the HS in?

Will I still get my free temple if I don't have a shrine or pyramid in the city I build the HS in?

You will, 100% positive. What's really funny, though, is when an AI builds the HS with no available religions. I saw that Prophet wandering around the map for like 200 turns. :p

Yup. I always prioritize getting a religion no matter what kind of game or civ i'm playing with so I almost never have to build HS. As a result I've see the AI do some interesting things with a prophet they can barely use. Sometimes I imagine it's a lifesaver though to catch to up and snag the last religion slot if your way to far behind in faith generation.

Prophets make ok scouts in enemy civ's territory so long as you don't go to war with them.

You will, 100% positive. What's really funny, though, is when an AI builds the HS with no available religions. I saw that Prophet wandering around the map for like 200 turns. :p

Sounds like Moses with a touch of Helen Keller. :mischief:

on that note i like the hagia sophia for being a wonder you can take if you still want a religion but have NOT prioritized generating faith. Maybe you built the shrine and found enough ruins to get the pantheon you wanted but have had stagnant +1 faith since then. This gives you a free temple to triple the faith output plus the GP you need to claim a religion before they are all gone. Its the faith wonder for non-faith focused civs while the great mosque and borobudur are clearly aimed at fanatics

You always get the free buildings from wonders even if you don't have the proper conditions to build it normally. This is part of the reason why the hanging gardens can be really great, you can get a garden in capitals which don't have access to fresh water.

Another thing I like about the Sophia is you do NOT have even have a Pantheon to built it, the Prophet still spawns and still lets you found a religion because along with picking the other beliefs (Founder and Follower) you also get to pick the Pantheon along with it!

Does anybody have the list of free buildings for wonders and social policies

These are the ones I know of, I know there are more.
The only reason I'm asking is I was playing the other Day BNW and I had 4 free building. Not sure where they came from.

GL - Free Library
Legalism SP - X4 free culture building

Does anybody have the list of free buildings for wonders and social policies

These are the ones I know of, I know there are more.
The only reason I'm asking is I was playing the other Day BNW and I had 4 free building. Not sure where they came from.

GL - Free Library
Legalism SP - X4 free culture building
Hanging Gardens - Free Garden

Alahambra / Himeji Castle both give a free castle
Great Mosque of Djenne - Free Mosque
CN Tower - Free Broadcast Tower in every city
Hubble Space Telescope - Free Spaceship Factory
Petra - Free Amphitheater

Wonders:
Alhambra - free castle
CN Tower - free broadcast towers in all cities
Great Mosque - free mosque
Himeji Castle - free castle
Hubble - free spaceship factory

Since this is a BNW thread, omitted G&K's free amphitheater from Petra

Social Policies:
Tradition finisher - free aqueducts in first 4 cities
Order/Iron Curtain tenet - free courthouse on city capture

You will!

...the problem, actually, is that free buildings bug out if you already have the building it's attempting to give you, and if you already have a pyramid, the free one will show up, but it won't work, while the old building is gone forever.

Petra no longer gives the amphitheater. You get the trade caravan instead.

Top Bottom