Mod Hoarding?

greifigrishnack

Chieftain
Hello everyone!
I've been hoarding a lot of Mods lately and its fun.
I play all games with atleast 6 mods.
My last game had a combination of the following mods:

Communitas*3
Amer-Asian Resources
Expanded Resources
Beyond the future
City state Diplomacy mod
Barbarians

Sadly the game doesn't go past 283 turns:mad:

I'd like to know what are the maximum number of mods that have been applied to a single game in BNW.
Has anyone created or stumbled upon a great collection of mods that blend together to create the ultimate CIV experience?

Has anyone created or stumbled upon a great collection of mods that blend together to create the ultimate CIV experience?

Caveman2Cosmos has yet to come to CivV, so no.

"Atleast six mods"

"I hoard mods"

Bahaha. My twenty six or so mods laugh at you.
Still not all that many. My list consists 35. (And that's after I unsubscribed about a dozen.)

OT. When you start to consider mods, it's a good idea to classify just which areas you'd like to expand. In my case, I specifically looked at
Religious Beliefs expansion.
Resources expansion.
Building and Tile Improvements expansions.
Unit promotions expansions.

Those accounted for about 30 of my 35 mods. The rest were individual things like adding Israel as a potential civ, and Corporations.

"Atleast six mods"

"I hoard mods"

Wow,that's very impressive.But surely some of them were new civs/units/buildings?

I onced tried 14 or so mods:

Communitas*3
Amer-Asian Resources
Expanded Resources
Beyond the future
City state Diplomacy mod
Barbarians
Reform and Rule
Taxxon's city states
Falcon AI diplomacy
Corporations
@ new civs(Chola,Empire of Germany)

But the game couldn't be played at all!I could never "choose production" in the very first turn.So that experience has discouraged me to experiment with too many mods at the same time.

OT. When you start to consider mods, it's a good idea to classify just which areas you'd like to expand.

I'm a bit greedy when it comes to what I said:D.
I'd like my mods to expand upon:

1. Barbarians-I'd love to see them become a major threat,terrorizing multiple civs,all at once.
  2. Religious Beliefs expansion-This is one of the weakest aspects of the vanilla game,so modding this area is a must.
  3. New units,buildings are always welcome.

I'll digress so as to prevent this post from becoming an essay.

"Atleast six mods"

"I hoard mods"

Still not all that many. My list consists 35. (And that's after I unsubscribed about a dozen.)

Oneredblock,CaptainPatch can you please list out those mods(You can PM them to me if you feel its inappropriate to post in the thread)?

I'm still wondering how you got so many mods to work together without cropping up compatibility issues.Are there some "golden rules" to follow while using multiple mods at once?I think the "Communitas pack" crops up a lot of issues with other mods.

But the game couldn't be played at all!I could never "choose production" in the very first turn.So that experience has discouraged me to experiment with too many mods at the same time.

Maybe one of those mod is out of date. I tried playing the G&K version of Anno Domini (dunno if it's been upgraded to BNW or not) in BNW and I couldn't choose production or a tech or anything like that.

The thing about mods is that it's generally best to add them to a game one at a time, so if a problem develops you know which mod was conflicting with your game version or other mods. Even if many of your mods claim compatibility with each other. I learned that the hard way after activating about 8 mods at once for Skyrim and then having to turn them off one at a time to see which one was causing glitches. That can be a pain for a turn-based game though, since you generally have to play a few turns to see if any obvious bugs crop up.

The more mods you use, the more the game runs at risk of going "unstable" and failing. The more mods you have active, the more likely that two indivdiual mods begint o conflict with one another, which causes the game to freak out. Nothing to worry about, it's not going to fry anything, it just makes the game less likely to "work as intended".

With obvious exceptions (2upt, 5upt, unlimited upt, level 3 barb xp, level 4 etc) yes

At the moment I have 156 mods enabled (+1 if I need to use IGE)

You sir,are a genius!
I'll be spending a lot more time on that great little site of yours.

With obvious exceptions (2upt, 5upt, unlimited upt, level 3 barb xp, level 4 etc) yes

At the moment I have 156 mods enabled (+1 if I need to use IGE)

I don't suppose you take mod requests? I opened a thread a couple days ago, but the only response I got was from a chorus of crickets. I was looking for (and, yes, I browsed your list to no avail) a mod that would allow me to include all maps in the "Random Maps" option. Preferably even the new Scrambled ones. I know next to nothing about modding, however, so I need to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Caveman2Cosmos has yet to come to CivV, so no.

Heh, good one. Considering they're only only rev 36, it may take the C2C team a week or so to port over :mischief:.
What would be epic for a mod, would be Realism Invictus. But Hell hasn't frozen over yet either, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Heh, good one. Considering they're only only rev 36, it may take the C2C team a week or so to port over :mischief:.
What would be epic for a mod, would be Realism Invictus. But Hell hasn't frozen over yet either, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

No,I'm not talking about one single "cool" mod.

I'm talking about a great game created bu having multiple mods at the same time.

Basically the point of this thread is:

"Guys,if anyone has used a combination of mods to create a great CIV experience,
please post them!."

This would serve two purpose(of mine atleast):
1)It'd obviously introduce the uninitiated to some good mods.
2)WE could probably discover the perfect civ game(Its a noble quest).I feel having multiple mods can help to create that perfect game.
3)Most importantly,any such list would very the compatibility of listed mods.

I made this thread after my game with 9 mods was rendered unplayable after 183 turns.See post #1 in this thread.

Sadly,I've only got one such "list" so far.
Of course there's this whole website in "picknmix" which I'm yet to fully explore.

Ok, first off big thanks to the users "CaptainPatch" and "whoward69".

Here's a list of my current mods:

Civ 5 Improvements Patch (v 3).civ5mod
EoA68.zip
More Great Works (v 1).rar
more_city_sates_luxuries__v_3.civ5mod
more_luxuries__v_121.civ5mod
more_mercantile_mod.rar
race_for_religion__bnw___v_2.zip
Buildings - Lighthouse Near Sea (v 2).civ5mod
Buildings - Mill Changes (v 5).civ5mod
Buildings - Textile Mill (v 3).civ5mod
DLL - Various Mod Components (v 33).civ5mod
DLL - Various Mod Components - 34 Civs (v 31).civ5mod
Global - City Bombard Range (v 1).civ5mod
Global - City States Gifts (BNW) (v 3).civ5mod
Improvement - Airbases (v 9).civ5mod
Improvement - Tunnel (v 3).civ5mod
UI - City Expansion (v 13).civ5mod
Unique Building - Cistern (v 3).civ5mod
Barbarians! (v 10)\
Beyond the future (v 1)\
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 9)\
Falcon AI Diplomacy (v 1)\
Reform and Rule (BNW) (v 16)\
Takkyon's Extra City-States (v 3.2)\

I've played only 30 turns so far,though.
Game's running smooth!
However,I can't really comment on how the game is affected by these many mods as i've made the mistake of playing Archipelago.So you could say I'm "isolated" and yet to encounter another civ or even the barabarians.

Any comments/feedback and suggestion additions(mods) welcome.

You have to be careful about construction expansions and additional techs. Adding them slows down progress because cities can only be building ONE thing at a time, or researching ONE tech at a time. The end result is that while a vanilla game will end somewhere the year X, building all that extra stuff WILL result in the game ending closer to X + some number of turns later.

P.S. The greater number of turns isn't quite as noticeable when playing on the Marathon setting.

Oh, come on guys.

I have little obsessive personality (by the way, I love numbers and statistics) and I am perfectionist, so I really love to have perfect experiences...

...currently I have installed 260 mods, one time I made full game with 120 mods active at once

(Emigration, Health and Plague, TSL maps, additional resources, civs, Info_Addict, additional 40+ wonders, pantheons and so on)

I simply like being crazy :lol:

Currently I am creating my few own mods and configuring the best TSL maps to have "Ultimate Civ5 Set", I think it will require launching over 200 mods in the same time

:crazyeye:

Top Bottom