Civ 5 Score

gibby290

Chieftain
How do you maximize the score at the end of the game? Does the difficulty factor in at all? What score do you guys generally get? It seems with BNW, I can't even come close to my previous 'hall of fame' scores.

How do you maximize the score at the end of the game? Does the difficulty factor in at all? What score do you guys generally get? It seems with BNW, I can't even come close to my previous 'hall of fame' scores.

1) Be the best civ in the game.

2) No.

3) Score is irrelevant to me.

Spread your religion as far as possible. Get a lot of cities, population, and land. Build a ton of wonders. In the end, though, you don't need the highest score to win a game. You can easily still win a game while not being first int he score department.

In fact, if you're playing on higher difficulties, the only way to get the top score is to go for a domination victory. If you're playing for a peaceful victory condition, you won't get the top score.

Score is irrelevant, but is a good way to tell who's the biggest threat.

At this point my HoF is bugged with cheated scenarios wins, multiple wins from the same game etc, and quite frankly I don't care, hell, the World Hall of Fame is filled with people who cheated the game.

One of the factors that determines your score is how quickly you win, the earlier you win the higher you score.

Just ignore the score; it has no baring on your likelyhood of winning. Instead head on over to the trade route available screen and hover over details where you'll see exactly how many science techs you have that they don't (and vice versa). In addition head on over to the Demographics screen and look at the bottom; where you want to see yourself #1 in science.

As to threats: The Demographic screen is a much better indicator there. It will show you who is #1 in military strength. (Unfortunately with the same flawed AI calculation that underestimates ranged units)

Tourism screens will show threats to winning a cultural victory; UN screen will show threats to wining a Diplomatic victory.

Top Bottom