Stop Settling our Lands

Resipsa

King
I get a message from Hiawatha, Alexander, and Shaka to stop settling their lands. I thought this one was a goodie so I'd share it.

Attachments

• 2013-08-23_00001.jpg
    2013-08-23_00001.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 1,131
Was the warning for settling Lyons?

If so I can see the warning from Hiawatha, and maybe Alexander. But Shaka is just being Shaka.

I would love a map overlay feature that shows which hexes fall under what Civ's 'reasonable' sphere of influence. Maybe represent it as a lightly shaded zone the same color as the civ in question.

I hate founding cities and find out a turn or 2 later that it would mean war with a neighbor. Maybe have as a prompt like when you capture a foreign Civ's worker from a barbarian whether or not to found the city and take the diplomatic hit.

Another semi-related topic is the 'your expanding too aggressively' charge. It would be nice to see some sort of metric related to this. Other than just guess how many cities you can plop down before I get denounced.

Basically all three forward settled me and then complain when I push out to settle. Shaka's city of Nobamba is about 18 tiles away from his capital. Alex had already forward settled and then warned me when I settled Orleans next to Argos.
Lyons was supposed to go where Nobamba is currently; Shaka beat me to the spot and so I settled Lyon along the river where Hiawatha forward settled twice. This is gonna be a fun CV/DOM game.

Looks pretty crowded. Which also means it's going to be fun or your going to get triple timed.

Random question, if/when you take Nombamba would you puppet it or raze it? Little crap towns like that I almost always raze especially if they are going to conflict with my core cities for space.

And another semi-related question, what order do you plan on going after the civ's in question(Assuming they don't force the issue)?

Shaka ---> Hiawatha ---> Alexander?

I'm going to Raze Nobamba unless its got some good stuff, (doubtful) and if that's the case I'll annex and put a courthouse there. I need a coastal city, I'll raze hiawathas cities and sue for peace then I'll bomb and raze all of Alex's cities.

Yea that's a particularly tight spot. Haiwatha is expanding north, Alex is expanding west, that is why you get this message.

In slightly more spacious starts, a good rule of thumb is to expand opposite where the AI is moving/expanding with their 2nd/3rd cities and you will rarely get this message.

Sometimes though you just have to eat it and settle a spot. The 1st warning is costless anyways. Unless you break your word and expand in their direction again, you don't lose any credibility

I'm going to Raze Nobamba unless its got some good stuff, (doubtful) and if that's the case I'll annex and put a courthouse there. I need a coastal city, I'll raze hiawathas cities and sue for peace then I'll bomb and raze all of Alex's cities.

It does have Gold and you seem to not have that yet.

Nice starting location, i mean "peace was never the option". So at east the game will be interesting even if you go after CV.

I see too many catapults and not enough composite bowmen from your end :crazyeye:
And what difficulty is this? (granted if you are going for civil service, chances are Shaka has his big bad impi ready already)

Shaka's expansion value=11

Top Bottom