City garrisons

SgtBalicki

Chieftain
I'm new to Brave New World and can't seem to find the answer to this, either in the Civlopedia or on here. In Civ 5 there was an order button to garrison a military unit in a city. In Brave New World I can't seem to find it. It is not one of the orders for a unit currently in a city. Am I missing something, i.e. some tech or building as a prerequisite for the ability to garrison? Your help is appreciated.

Regards

I think that is gone, units are garrisoned the moment they walk in the city. It was a lot of pointless micro in vanilla to garrison units before taking a city shot. I am glad it's gone :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.................. That might explain it then. I thought I was missing something obvious. Thanks for the reply.

Yep, you can just put them in the city and set them on alert or sleep. But, if you watch, you'll see the city's defense rating go up the instant they enter the city.

It used to give you +1 happiness for a unit garrisoned in a city. Now it apparently it does not. At least that is my understanding thus far. It does help with the city's defensive, but no happiness bonus.

It used to give you +1 happiness for a unit garrisoned in a city. Now it apparently it does not. At least that is my understanding thus far. It does help with the city's defensive, but no happiness bonus.

Do you have Military Caste policy adopteD? Because you need that in G&K and BNW to get the happiness and culture, (Honor tree)

Do you have Military Caste policy adopteD? Because you need that in G&K and BNW to get the happiness and culture, (Honor tree)

So that's the way to get it. Wanted to make sure I was not missing something more obvious. Thank you for all of your replies and time.

Top Bottom