Science victory on Deity, Large map, with only 5 cities!

biojoro17

Chieftain
So since it turned out I hadn't read the conditions for posting the game in HoF I'm going to brag about it here. That's how it unravelled in short:

I played with Korea on a Large Fractal map, Epic speed, 11 players and standard number of City states. I managed to build 5 cities and was in the middle of the map.

Needless to say I focused everything on science. Fortunately 3 of my cities, excluding the capital were next to a mountain (one being a natural wonder). Final science was about 1100 when pumped up (400 in the capital).
The other very important thing was not to get into a fight as I was being swarmed by enemies on all sides. This got a bit tricky when Ideologies were distributed. Thankfully by then I had become friends with everybody due to my low profile. I was friendly even with players I had 1 green and 5 red modifiers.
I built Hubble, had a lot of GS, not so many research agreements due to being broke all the time. Actually every other currency (military, tourism, etc.) was abysmal compared to the lot. It was quite tricky with the ideologies, went in the red for a bit, thankfully Freedom prevailed.
It was a proper space race at the end. I managed to finish one, I repeat ONE turn before Pacal and three turns before Elisabeth could launch their ships! Awesome!!!

P.S. I've uploaded a save from the turn before victory if anyone's interested.

P.P.S. I'm gonna have a beer now :)))

Attachments

• Victory Diety Korea.Civ5Save
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
So since it turned out I hadn't read the conditions for posting the game in HoF I'm going to brag about it here. That's how it unravelled in short:

I played with Korea on a Large Fractal map, Epic speed, 11 players and standard number of City states. I managed to build 5 cities and was in the middle of the map.

Needless to say I focused everything on science. Fortunately 3 of my cities, excluding the capital were next to a mountain (one being a natural wonder). Final science was about 1100 when pumped up (400 in the capital).
The other very important thing was not to get into a fight as I was being swarmed by enemies on all sides. This got a bit tricky when Ideologies were distributed. Thankfully by then I had become friends with everybody due to my low profile. I was friendly even with players I had 1 green and 5 red modifiers.
I built Hubble, had a lot of GS, not so many research agreements due to being broke all the time. Actually every other currency (military, tourism, etc.) was abysmal compared to the lot. It was quite tricky with the ideologies, went in the red for a bit, thankfully Freedom prevailed.
It was a proper space race at the end. I managed to finish one, I repeat ONE turn before Pacal and three turns before Elisabeth could launch their ships! Awesome!!!

P.S. I've uploaded a save from the turn before victory if anyone's interested.

P.P.S. I'm gonna have a beer now :)))

Good job ! ! ! I never beat deity but I try a few times and did not work out. I also tried one time with korea on pangea and rome took almost every city that I have.

Top Bottom