Worker Stealing.

dylanmeditates

Warlord
Hi,
Worker stealing is a great strategy: If you notice an unguarded AI worker on the edge of their borders next to your warrior eg, DOW and take the worker without really intending to take any cities.
Question: Do y'all avoid worker stealing from Mansa Musa because of his UU? Or take any special considerations?

Worker stealing is very powerful, but very dangerous on Deity. Often enough, I've not been able to get peace afterwards and got Archer-stomped afterwards.

Worker-stealing with classical starts is something different, then one starts with an Archer and can also build Archers, then first build is usually even an Archer instead of Worker.

I play at immortal. It is probably the level where worker stealing is the most beneficial. I still usually worker steal from Mansa. He is usually fairly easy to make peace with afterwards. I am less likely to plant a warrior on a wooded hill next to his capital though.

Worker stealing can be somewhat addicting. I sometimes feel like I am somehow falling behind if the map isn't right to do it.

As the previous posters above have noted, worker stealing is increasingly valuable and effective (provided you do it correctly) as you move up in difficulties.

This is due to the sheer need to slow down the AI while pulling yourself ahead, as a result from the ludicrous bonuses the AI recieves.

You can worker steal from Mansa Musa if you can get in/get out quick enough - skirmishers aren't a problem if you don't actually fight them :)

Top Bottom