tiles if worked yield...

ricmetal

Chieftain
hey y'all

im playing civ 5 bnw and i have an issue with seeing in advance what a tile will yield when worked by a city. how come the work result info varies between the resource icon (says for example, on rollover on the resource icon - when resource icons are turned on - it says +1 food, +1 gold), but when a worker is on said resource, and on rollover, on the worker action (in this case, build a mine), it says a different info? (for example +1 food, +1 production)
what gives?

i'd like to know exactly what a tile will yield once i work it.
is there a way to check? a list, a mod?

cheers

Sounds like you're describing desert Salt, which has a base yield of 1 food and 1 gold. The info you're describing as different is because it's describing what the Mine improvement would bring TO the tile yield rather than the tile yield itself. So were you to put a Mine on desert Salt, it's tile yield would now be 2 food, 1 hammer, and 1 gold (or the base tile yield + modifiers from a given improvement).

It's just one of those things you'll get a feel for as you play more.

yeah, it actually was the salt i was describing.
still, i dont play this game that much to become to know all the yields by memory.
just abandoned a 12 hour game because of not knowing beforehand

Salt is a new mineable resource that brings food when mined. All other resources mined are usually hammers.

OP, I think you are overthinking this -- since you improve all the special hexes you can as soon as you can. There is some order to things, like luxes first, and some tiles get better at being improved than others, but really the differences are pretty small. And not to complicate things, but some yields are buffed further by buildings.

If you download the Enhanced User Interface mod, the mouse-over will tell you not only what the tile currently yields, but also what the tile will yield with any applicable improvements on it (including bonuses from Social Policies, Religious Tenets, etc.)

If you download the Enhanced User Interface mod, the mouse-over will tell you not only what the tile currently yields, but also what the tile will yield with any applicable improvements on it (including bonuses from Social Policies, Religious Tenets, etc.)

Tech advances too such as Civil Service - an excellent mod.

Wait, vanilla UI doesn't do that?

I'm glad I use EUI since practically day 3

Top Bottom