"Configuring game data" crash

dx486

Chieftain
We play multiplayer games via GMR. My friend recently becomes unable to play because of this problem: "Configuring game data" window appears then game crashes. I have disabled all of his mods, I have reinstalled his Civ V game data in Steam path, with no luck. He has a slow computer and runs the game with Directx 9. However game was working properly just some time ago. I wonder what is the reason of this problem... Any ideas & suggestions?

I'm also having this problem in singleplayer. Almost 400 hours of play and Civ V always worked fine, and this started about three days ago (I don't know if it could be related to buying the map packs through the Steam sale? Has your friend recently gotten any extra content? I had all the content save some map packs, which I bought.)

I don't play with any mods myself, so assuming the root cause is the same, it's not that. Does your friend have the same problem on singleplayer, or does he only get the message in multiplayer? (My issue occurs both with new games and old saves.)

Does anyone else have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? I tried Googling the error message, but everything I could find relating to this issue was based off of issues with mods that had dll changes and/or mods conflicting with a 2013 patch.

Hopefully the underlying issue is the same and someone else knows how to solve it - I'm in the Modern era with my first-ever Spain game and would really like to not lose my game, and I'm sure you'd like to get back to your multiplayer game. :sad:

(Also, what has he tried to solve it? I verified the integrity of the game cache files, and everything there was fine. I don't really want to, but a complete uninstall/reinstall might be next.)

Top Bottom