[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

May I add Tuscany and S-Piemont in Appenine in this way?

you can add a TSL for any custom civ by editing the CivilizationsStartPos.xml file (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for a city state).

you need 2 things :
- the civilization type name (like "CIVILIZATION_ARABIA") that you'll find in the custom civ mod files.
- the tile location of the map you want to use it in.

for example, if you want to add the dutch TSL on the giant map, open Earth_Giant_blank.Civ5Map in the world builder, locate the plot here (edit plot tab) and note it (I'll use plot 16,70).

then find the tag <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> (or <MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition> for CS) in CivilizationsStartPos.xml (or MinorCivStartPos.xml for CS), and add a row like this:

Code:
<Row>
<Type>CIVILIZATION_DUTCH</Type>
<X>16</X>
<Y>70</Y>
</Row>
(search/insert in the <Civilizations_YagemStartPosition> tag for the huge map and <Civilizations_CordiformStartPosition> for the standard map)

(note that I havn't checked if "CIVILIZATION_DUTCH" is the right type, verify in the dutch mod )

save your change and try to start a game selecting the Dutch, if all civs start at random pos, then you may have made a typo in the XML file.

you're limited to 22 major civs in game atm, if you have all the DLC then you'll have at least one civ missing in game if you use any custom civ.

Instead of CivilizationsStartPos.xml, I'll modify CivilizationStartPos.xml in JFD's addiction.

May I? Is it possible?

Yeah, except the start position file in JFD's addition folder is in SQL format rather than XML, which makes the syntax a bit different. It's still fairly intuitive if you look at the existing code in the file, but if you can't get it to work, I'll gladly help you out.

But, hey, doesn't both Tuscany and Sardinia-Piedmont support v23?

Some civ mods require a support mod for Ynaemp

Thank you for the reply. Of this, i am aware.

Hi Jaqrah, I can understand your frustration :confused:. Now, bear with me if you already know all this, but in case others have similar problems, I'm going to try to explain how YnAEMP works and doesn't work.
The mod was originally released with a bunch of maps, which all had support for the relevant Civs of the official 43. That means a file is included in the mod, which for each map matches up each Civilization with a set of coordinates. Then, when in-game in the YnAEMP Setup screen (UI as you call it), the only Civs appearing in the selection dropdown menu, are the ones with coordinates for the chosen map; changing the map leads to the dropdown menu being re-populated with Civs having coordinates for the relevant map. Simple enough.
But this still didn't allow for people to play with custom Civs on the YnAEMP maps unless one followed Gedemon's instruction on how to add custom TSL support (see OP of this thread). But this was a pretty tiresome and tedious process, often requiring one to delete on's cache every time a new set of coordinates were added.
JFD (maybe other's were part of it as well) created a bunch of TSL patches to remedy this, such that all - at the time - released Civs from JFD, Tomatekh, CL, LS, etc. had TSL coordinates for all relevant maps by simply activating these patches (mods) in the mod manager menu.
Then, as more and more custom Civilization mods were released, the patches needed to be updated like, every other week or so, the consensus became that each custom civs should have internal support for YnAEMP, i.e. should contain the relevant coordinates themselves rather than in a separate mod. This is pretty much how it is now.
But, there's still some custom civs, often ones that haven't been updated in a long time, that doesn't have internal YnAEMP support, which means they won't appear in the dropdown menu in the Setup Screen. They will however appear in the dropdown menu when circumventing the YnAEMP Setup (again, see OP for explanation, though I think you know what I mean).
You can still add support for custom civs yourself by following the method mention before, but a better thing to do would be to check the threads of the authors of the Civs in question, checking if they have or don't have TSL support.

You also mention that you use JFD's V23 patch. If the map(s) you're trying to play on, are one of the maps added in V23, it's highly possible that a lot of Civs still don't have support yet. It seems it's not really what modders prioritize the most, which is a shame. If you could tell me which map/maps you're trying to play on and which civ/civs aren't showing in the dropdown menu, I can look into it for you.

About the fact, that you have to manually specify all civs, since otherwise if set to random you'll get civs appearing that doesn't belong to the map at all at truly random locations, well that's an issue of some reason, which started to happen at some point on some maps, but afaik not on all. I'm working with JFD on a V24 atm, which will add a lot of new maps, and I'll make a note on it to check it out/have JFD check it out with his Lua Grandmaster Skillz!

Danmacsch, thank you for the explicit reply. As an old guy who left the programming world when XTs and ATs were mainstream, sorry if my terms are a little dated.

I should have been a bit more explicit myself. I have been playing exclusively with Yneamp - yagem. And I have found that despite many modded civs having the appropriate yneamp x,y coordinates in their file, they still refuse to appear in Yneamp Setup screen dropdown menu for civ choices. One of the issues I was having was with Lastswords various mods. I finally found the LS yneamp patch and am no longer having issues with those particular mods, although it appears the later sets are not included in the patch. I am wondering if there are some civ mods which are known offenders? With the appropriate amount of voodoo I can occasionally get the philippines to appear in the list, but I have about a 5% success rate.

In another thread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14051128#post14051128 I asked about a master TSL list. And the reason I asked is because I dont have a problem adding the appropriate yneamp files to the mods I want to use.

Which brings up another issue, for the life of me I cannot get the Yneamp - yagem file to load in the world builder sdk. Everytime it loads, it crashes immediately. :mad: As such it makes it very difficult to ascertain the proper x, y coordinates for the civs I want to add support. Is anyone else having this issue? Every other map file in the Yneamp mod loads fine except - yagem. Are there any tricks to getting this file to open? I am using Win 10 16g Ram i5 chip. I would think this is sufficient power and ram to open file.

Nonetheless, thanks for the help and replies!:clap::clap:

Yeah, except the start position file in JFD's addition folder is in SQL format rather than XML, which makes the syntax a bit different. It's still fairly intuitive if you look at the existing code in the file, but if you can't get it to work, I'll gladly help you out.

But, hey, doesn't both Tuscany and Sardinia-Piedmont support v23?

Yes of course!
But I'm italian, and I'd like so much to play a "PiusIX vs Lorenzo vs VittorioEmanuele vs Ferdinand vs Gian Galeazzo vs EnricoDandolo vs RogerI" game in Appennine Version.

So I'd like to have real start position of Sardinia-Piemont, Tuscany, Papal State, Sicily, Kingdom of two Sicilies and Milan in the Appenine map!

Thanks for your help my friend!

Sure thing. Glad I could be of assistance.

But I'm italian, and I'd like so much to play a "PiusIX vs Lorenzo vs VittorioEmanuele vs Ferdinand vs Gian Galeazzo vs EnricoDandolo vs RogerI" game in Appennine Version.
But, but, no love for Paoli's Corsica, which is more Italian than French, and has support for the Apennine map as well ;) [emoji14]

Hey guys! I've got an i7, quad core, 12gb ram computer. Not too knowledgeable with processing power and such. The maps crash for me every time I try it. I'm using v23 of the TSL maps. Anyways, I assume my computer would be capable to run the maps, but no such luck. Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Edit: I am using only JFD's civs as well. Would other mods such as Enlightenment, Mercenaries, Exploration, Claims Colonies Crimes, etc. affect this?

After some tinkering, I've gotten the match to work perfectly. The map does not any resources though, (luxuries and strategic). Any solutions for this? I looked at the ExCE page on the workshop, and some users are suggesting the update affected it. Will keep tinkering to see if I can get resources to appear somehow with ExCE turned off.

Thank you for the reply. Of this, i am aware.

Danmacsch, thank you for the explicit reply. As an old guy who left the programming world when XTs and ATs were mainstream, sorry if my terms are a little dated.

I should have been a bit more explicit myself. I have been playing exclusively with Yneamp - yagem. And I have found that despite many modded civs having the appropriate yneamp x,y coordinates in their file, they still refuse to appear in Yneamp Setup screen dropdown menu for civ choices. One of the issues I was having was with Lastswords various mods. I finally found the LS yneamp patch and am no longer having issues with those particular mods, although it appears the later sets are not included in the patch. I am wondering if there are some civ mods which are known offenders? With the appropriate amount of voodoo I can occasionally get the philippines to appear in the list, but I have about a 5% success rate.

In another thread, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14051128#post14051128 I asked about a master TSL list. And the reason I asked is because I dont have a problem adding the appropriate yneamp files to the mods I want to use.

Which brings up another issue, for the life of me I cannot get the Yneamp - yagem file to load in the world builder sdk. Everytime it loads, it crashes immediately. :mad: As such it makes it very difficult to ascertain the proper x, y coordinates for the civs I want to add support. Is anyone else having this issue? Every other map file in the Yneamp mod loads fine except - yagem. Are there any tricks to getting this file to open? I am using Win 10 16g Ram i5 chip. I would think this is sufficient power and ram to open file.

Nonetheless, thanks for the help and replies!:clap::clap:

I'm not sure what the issue is since I can open that map without problems. However I'd like to point out that I can not open the Americas map in the SDK, it crashes every time I try to open it. :confused:

Does Ynaemp change the city distance? I can't found a city if I'm within 4 tiles of another city.

I'm using CBP and have changed the city distance in the appropriate CPP sql file

Does Ynaemp change the city distance? I can't found a city if I'm within 4 tiles of another city.

I'm using CBP and have changed the city distance in the appropriate CPP sql file

If anything, Ynaemp should lower the minimum city distance - due to having more civs to cope with. I'd presume this is a Community Patch thing.

Edit: My post is completely useless. I checked ynaemp's xmls out of curiosity and found basically the thing I suggested you to try within "RulesChange.xml" -- this atleast for version v22 of ynaemp. The thing:

Code:
<GameData>
	<Defines>
		<Update>
			<Set Value="2"/>
			<Where Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

Hi Hiram,

Of course it's technically possible to replace the Huge Earth map (yahem) with another, but it'll be a pain for modders to find new tsl coordinates for all their civs in order to support that. Iirc the existing Huge Earth map (which I think is a civ 4 map conversion) is scaled somewhat as to allow for better gameplay, i.e. enlarged central and south Europe, cropped out northern Europe and northern Asia, reduced ocean size, etc..

If you happen to have some specific things you'd like to see changed in the yahem (or any other map for that matter) , let me know and I'll look into applying the changes in the v24 patch.

Hi Hiram,

Of course it's technically possible to replace the Huge Earth map (yahem) with another, but it'll be a pain for modders to find new tsl coordinates for all their civs in order to support that. Iirc the existing Huge Earth map (which I think is a civ 4 map conversion) is scaled somewhat as to allow for better gameplay, i.e. enlarged central and south Europe, cropped out northern Europe and northern Asia, reduced ocean size, etc..

If you happen to have some specific things you'd like to see changed in the yahem (or any other map for that matter) , let me know and I'll look into applying the changes in the v24 patch.

Earlier today I found v23 with Jan's updates to YAHEM. I've made a few more changes myself to yahem which I can link here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o98hqut9zhia4zj/Earth_Huge_blank.Civ5Map?dl=0

Made various changes to Polynesia, expanded the Mediterranean and made a few changes to northern Europe (Scandinavia, British Isles, Iceland).

Fixed the resources thing, turns out it was caused by a few of AW's civs.

I can't seem to play a game past turn 90 though. Any ideas what might be causing that?

I'm using the following mods:
All of Leugi's civs
All of JFD's civs
All of my civs + city states expansion
All MC civs
All of Tarcisio's updated civs
Most of DJSHenninger's updated civs
Several of LastSword's civ packs minus
All CL civs but Mexico and Beothuk
All of Tomatekh's civs
KingWilliam's Navajo civ

Here are my logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6riqqmo0fzsol5f/Logs.rar?dl=0

And crash dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jms8mbl8l...11_403694_crash_2015_12_4T4_35_55C0.mdmp?dl=0

Haven't looked through the logs yet, but since your playing with a lot of mods, my guess would be one of those cause it. Try only playing with newly updated civs (currently that means without any of Leugi's unfortunately).

Top Bottom