Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for DP

buggy tablet

I don't speak for JFD on this, but the thing about creating things is that the creator sees most of the flaws with their own work (ie the things the could be working better but don't, the things that could have been done but couldn't, etc etc). It's just the tiny little things that people don't normally notice that goes on under-the-hood that irritates the creator sometimes and that can take away from the fun - Ask a painter to look at their own work: big chance that if others praise the painter themself will still find problems with various things in the painting.

Instead, enjoying the things other people've made could be more relaxing. Like Fallout 4. My god I am jealous of the people that have that game right now... not as jealous with the people who have Overwatch Beta keys though... :crazyeye:

It turns out I really bloody suck at playing this mod:

Piety just turns out to be so incredibly hard to maintain - especially because of the penalties you get from cities not following state religion.

It's just so easy for your piety to drop but the only real way of reliably increasing your piety comes though inquisition from the looks of it, which requires sacrificing production in all cities.

Apparently, due to my already crappy piety level, it actually REMOVES (?) followers in cities that aren't my Holy City, so like it makes it even HARDER to maintain since it's pretty much impossible to spread religion then since even if you convert a city with a prophet it always seems to go back to 0 followers after a few turns (presumably due to the -25% negative conversion rate penalty from the low piety)

How do I git gud at playing this mod i'm really crappy at it.

(and by making Inquisition easier to use).
How so? I like current way of Inquisition, you need to stop producing things in flavour of piety gain. Shure if you play really wide you need to stop producing in many cities, but instead you gain big amount of piety.

Will you return the mandirs?
Also, I'm unable to get piety from the religious decisions.

How so? I like current way of Inquisition, you need to stop producing things in flavour of piety gain. Shure if you play really wide you need to stop producing in many cities, but instead you gain big amount of piety.

You're probably in the minority. Inquisition will be possible in any city not following your State Religion, and will nullify the Piety loss until that city has recovered its faith.

Will you return the mandirs?

They should be there?

You're probably in the minority. Inquisition will be possible in any city not following your State Religion, and will nullify the Piety loss until that city has recovered its faith.
So there is no way to improve your piety using Inquisition if all of your cities following your State Religion? I'm okay with that.

Well, they are present in the civilopedia, but I don't see their belief. Ever.

So there is no way to improve your piety using Inquisition if all of your cities following your State Religion? I'm okay with that.

You're correct. Inquisition will now be used to befit its name - to persecute heretics :D

im sorry if i seem like a prick but when is the piety update coming out?i literally stopped playing civ when piety was havine issues with CBP.i promise ill shut up now.

Pesters gonna pester.:nuke:

New dynamic way of gaining Piety pooks promising. As I understands Beliefs that grants Piety are all Pantheon beliefs. If so it makes different Pantheons usefull for different strategies.

Hi JFD -

I'm trying to run P&P alongside the CP pack. I ran the installer from CP, then installed P&P (along with ExCE and E&D) and put an underscore in front of the TopPanel folder for EUI. However, when I did that, it broke all the yield displays. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Did you enact the CBP support in the usersettings file?

Or did you delete YieldIconManager.lua from the CP's LUA folder?
If so, that's why all your yield icons are :c5food: .

Hi JFD -

I'm trying to run P&P alongside the CP pack. I ran the installer from CP, then installed P&P (along with ExCE and E&D) and put an underscore in front of the TopPanel folder for EUI. However, when I did that, it broke all the yield displays. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Next version will include EUI Top Panel support, so there'll be no need to underscore the Top Panel folder (just copying files as with CCC). But see below, maybe that's your issue?

Or did you delete YieldIconManager.lua from the CP's LUA folder?
If so, that's why all your yield icons are :c5food: .

Kesler, I have something to show you :p

Spoiler :

Now, if you don't remember, this is what it used to look like (I don't have a screenshot with more detail, but you get the idea):

Spoiler :

Now obviously it is a WIP. The entire thing will be moved to its own Government Overview panel, the Legislature heading is missing, and you won't (usually) have so many Cardinals, and its impossible for all of them to have 100%. And the Sovereignty measurement is lying. Theocracies - a new government type that will be featured alongside Monarchies and Republics - are still lacking some of the finer details, like specific titles or reforms. But I hope you'll agree it looks a lot nicer! :D And hopefully it'll tide you over considering all the delays (or make it worse :p). But suffice to say, I'll be taking some time out to work on Sovereignty during my Christmas break, and really, only the Piety component is needed absolutely (Reforms are very modular, so more concerning Health, Prosperity, et al. can be added in the future).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom