[question] Impassable but not unworkable tiles?

kaspergm

Deity
I have a small problem: I wanted to make Oasis tiles impassable because it always bothered me how you could put roads through the Oasis. So I added the <Impassable>True</Impassable> tag to Oasis. However, this also means I can no longer work Oasis tiles for yield in my cities. :confused: So, what do I need to do to make them impassable but still workable?

people added a dummy feature to mountains to make them workable (e.g.) but oasis is already a feature.
maybe its possible to make an impassable terrain type with desert graphics to replace the desert tiles under oasises

i also tried to make ice workable and it seems i succeed (here), i dont recall details though.
try to make a dummy building adding oasis yields to impassable oasis and place it in every city

Mountains are workable in the base game. But tiles with no yields are not workable.
If the tile gains a yield, you can work it. Happens with Petra desert Mountains. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to work the Oasis.

Impassable features are unworkable, except natural wonders. See Ice - it doesn't change any yields from the terrain below it, but it's still unworkable. I don't know how to make it workable without DLL changes, in DLL you need to change the following code (CvPlot.cpp, CvPlot::calculateNatureYield):

Code:
	if(isImpassable() || isMountain())
	{
		// No Feature, or the Feature isn't a Natural Wonder (which are impassable but allowed to be worked)
		if(getFeatureType() == NO_FEATURE || !GC.getFeatureInfo(getFeatureType())->IsNaturalWonder())
		{
			return 0;
		}
	}

Mountains are workable in the base game. But tiles with no yields are not workable.
If the tile gains a yield, you can work it. Happens with Petra desert Mountains. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to work the Oasis.
Petra has no effect on desert mountain tiles. And as PawelS mentioned, mountains are not workable in the base game.

There's a Workable Mountains mod. It adds a "feature_mountain" to every mountain tile, and then (I think) adds a building to all cities as they are founded that allows yields from this new feature. I know it runs the feature-creation through lua, but I do not remember if it also requires a special DLL such as Whowards Many Mod Components DLL.

Oops. Sorry. KillMePlease already pointed that mod out, I think.

Oh well, too bothersome, I'll just have to live with the roads on Oasis.

Thanx for the answers everybody, however.

Top Bottom