Extended Europe - 22 Civs TSL

Hey Thanks for the map I had an amazing game as Carthage.
Carthage is not weak at all, I had so much room to expand (marocco and egypt stayed at 3 cities), and some city spots are INSANE. Plus excellent trade routes potential in the med if one is ready to defend them.

The power shifted A LOT during the game, very dynamic and entertraining, at least 5 wars at the same time.

For your logs:

Runaways: Russia become a monster starting mid game, but is hold back by a very powerful Assyria and Poland. Portugal almost died at the hand of the french/spanish but came back to become the tech leader and would have launched the spaceship around t500 (epic).
Greece grows huge and had 58 votes at the first World Congress Election (t450) thanks to reviving a bunch of CS/civs. Had to use numerous coups, that was fun. Arabs and Ottomans were pretty powerfull but could not get passed Assyria.

RIP: Babylon antiquity (assyria), Spanish middle age (french/portugal), Dutch Renaissance (German/French), Persia Industrial (Assysria), German Modern (everybody really), Marocco (Portugal)

Weaklings: Swedes (barely heard of them at all), Egypt and marocco (3 cities), Venice (rome kept pillaging his routes), Byzance (2 cities, but 35+ of size)

Thanks again, you rule!

Playing the complete map, it's fun and looks very nice.

I think the resources could be a bit more accurate though.

I've noticed very few horses in northern Europe. In fact the British Isles has none? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_horse_in_Britain

And so much oil in Northern France, not sure what's going on there? Almost all oil in Western Europe is in the North Sea (so much further to the north of the UK, mostly Scotland, and towards Norway). See here for cumulative oil production http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USGS_world_oil_endowment.png

@Hamir
Most of the oil is, where it should be. Some of it needs to have easy access, while most of the oil in the north sea is 3 tiles off coast and would require coastal cities.

England has no horses because it does not need them. It already has iron, coal, aluminum and oil, which is enough for this small island.

Strategic resources are more scarcely places as you might be used to, to balance big empires.

So if the oil placement is the only flaw, thats good. I may have to rethink it in a new iteration of the map.

Thank you for playing. BTW:Try the Asian map, its even more fun, because Russia and the Mongols cannot expand that much anymore.

Hi PDMX

I am just beginning on your Europe + Asia map on marathon...playing as Egypt.
So far the map is really great. Kudos & thanks for making it.

One thing:
The diplomacy vids dont function right.
I hear the voice and I see a still image of the leader...but no animation.

I am also using Infoaddict and Expanded Civilopedia mods
as well as Enhanced User Interface.

Update: I was able to resolve the issue by reducing the graphics settings to default.
So the problem had to do with the size of the map and my ram.

I will leave my post in case it helps someone else.

Great job, PDMX!

Would it be possible to make the Epic/Marathon versions of Mediterranean/SE Europe maps as well. Hate to play them only at Standard speed...

Thanks a lot for this awesome map pack!

Great job, PDMX!

Would it be possible to make the Epic/Marathon versions of Mediterranean/SE Europe maps as well. Hate to play them only at Standard speed...

Thanks a lot for this awesome map pack!

I would appreciate that as well :) and also for NW Europe!

The maps are incredible, I've played them many times now and have had a lot of fun! Thanks for all the work!

Sorry for this kind of basic question, but how are you guys downloading this file? uTorrent says it isn't coded the right way:confused:

Pretty awesome map pack. Better than YnAEMP IMO, but just barely. :p

I don't see why the Med map isn't epic and marathon by default, though. I don't play on Standard as it prevents "Age wars" where people get to use their unique units to dominate a certain period in history, so I was really looking forward to playing the Mediterranean map on Marathon as Rome or something. I can't do that. Fix that.

Great maps, by the way!!!! :)

@Kruniac & Erzherzog
South East Europe and Mediterranean Maps are now available in Epic and Marathon Speed. They are attached to the second post of this thread.

@maximus97
I guess most other people do not use torrent downloads. Maybe its because of the file format? Try without torrent and you should be fine.

You should also have a look at my new Dawn of History Map, which is taking the best of everything, a complete Europe and the most interesting parts of Asia and North Africa without too much Sahara and Siberia.

It can be downloaded and discussed in the following thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=531355

Here is a preview:
Spoiler :

Hey PDMX, I love your map of Europe, imo its the best out there. I do have a problem though unfortunately, I use the Super Power Modpack, and it makes you have to found cities 4 tiles away instead of just 3. Because of this, the dutch never settle their capital since Antwerp is 3 tiles away from Amsterdam. They just sit there with their settler and do nothing. Is it possible to come out with a version that has city-states 4 tiles away from civ's capitals so this issue doesnt come up?

Hey PDMX, I love your map of Europe, imo its the best out there. I do have a problem though unfortunately, I use the Super Power Modpack, and it makes you have to found cities 4 tiles away instead of just 3. Because of this, the dutch never settle their capital since Antwerp is 3 tiles away from Amsterdam. They just sit there with their settler and do nothing. Is it possible to come out with a version that has city-states 4 tiles away from civ's capitals so this issue doesnt come up?

That seems to be a problem with your mod, normally the game makes the settlers move away until they are far enough to found cities, even their initial ones. This behavior has probably not been adjusted. The AI think its already far enough to not move anymore, but that mod just prevent them from settling.

You can edit the map and just preplace the Netherlands first city in worldbuilder.

At the moment I am concentrating on the Dawn of History Map, in my other thread.

Hi. Is there any way to do advanced setup on these maps? I want to play with ancient civs only on certain maps, removing Russia/England/etc., and also adjust barbs/victory conditions/etc.

I think the South-East Europe map could use some extension to the west, the way it is now Carthage is kind of deprived of room to expand in the direction it did expand in real life.

Hi Shalvan,

Why dont you use the complete Mediterranean map instead? The southeast map itself is balanced, If you are Carthage, you should take out Rome, or vice versa ;-)

@Sershe
You can either use the szenario, or not. But if you dont use it, the civs and resources will spawn totally random. The only way is to edit the civs in worldbuilder.

I have recently altered the southeastern map to create a better ancient setting. The Celts and Huns are also added as playable civs.

The map must be played by opening the mod menu. You have to select "load Scenario". Only this way you will have the correct starting locations.

The ancient world (BNW)

Playable Civs:
(in alphabetical order)

1. Arabia
2. Assyria
3. Babylon
4. Byzantium
5. Carthage
6. Celts
7. Egypt
8. Greece
9. Ottomans
10. Persia
11. Rome
12. The Huns

Natural Wonders:

Mount Sinai (Sinai)
Mount Kailash (Matterhorn)
Kilimanjaro (Vesuv)
Kilimanjaro (Ätna)
Krakatau (Santorin)
Great Barrier Reef (Aegean Archipelago)
King Solomon Mines (Turkey)
Mount Fuji (Ararat)
Lake Victoria (Tunisia)

CS balance:

Cultured: 5
Maritime: 4
Mercantile: 4
Religious: 2
Militaristic: 3

CS count: 18

Map Size: 70 x 44

Attached is the map file.

Please make sure you open it via the mod menu and load the scenario, if you want to use the preset cities and resources.

Any comments or improvements are appreciated.

Attachments

• The Ancient World Std.Civ5Map
    94.7 KB · Views: 303
  • The Ancient World Epic.Civ5Map
    94.7 KB · Views: 276
  • The Ancient World Marathon.Civ5Map
    94.7 KB · Views: 303
I'm a bit confused, cause I load up this map and I always start at the bottom of the map in the desert. I've installed the map in /Maps, but it said in the description to load it up in the mod menu but I can't it just doesn't appear there. So I tried putting the map file into mods but no luck, I do also check the load scenario button.

Can anyone shed any light unto this

EDIT: Found the solution, just "misinterpreted" the description!

I am currently in the mood to create and edit some maps. So please post any improvements or changings on the maps you would like to see.

Hi guys,

A stupid question from a noob - how do I disable the start bias on the Europe Complete map? Even with the option checked on the advanced setup (and Load scenarion UNchecked), I still get the same starting spot everytime, but I like to take my chances with random locations :)

I'm playing with a custom Civ extracted from a mod

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom