Lol zulu fail

Rob5000

Chieftain
So my girlfriend is currently playing on Earth, Prince, Standard. I took a quick glance at her game to see whats going on. Its currently ~1860 AD...and Zulu is STILL in the CLASSICAL ERA!!!! Everyone else is in Industrial or coming out of Ren. Couldn't stop laughing - this is the first time I've seen something like this in CIV.

Anyone else have similar stories?

My first game was me as the Celts on a Large Islands map. Poor Shaka tried a naval invasion against me in late medieval, which took some work to fend off. But I pulled ahead of him, and he didn't have anyone else to trade with. He was the last one to pick ideologies. He went Autocracy...for one turn. They were already wearing my blue jeans at that point. :)

Another fun thing to do is reduce the Aztecs to one pitiful city and watch them denounce everyone while being dead last in everything.

Not too shocking if they got beat down early on. The amusing part is sometimes they will declare war on you as an act of desperation and say something along the lines of "I'm gonna die, but I gotta try anyway!"

Then you get the enjoyment of watching your tanks steamroll over classical era units.

I love it when about 5 civs pick Order, then Montezuma or someone goes and picks Autocracy and drops immediately into deep unhappiness and half their cities flip or they switch to Order within a few turns.

Seen it a few times when an AI civ takes a hammering and gets left with one small city. If there's nowhere else to build, they usually turtle and cannot recover.

Speaking of Shaka, I have an interesting situation in my current game where Shaka, Atilla, and Ghengis all border each other. Ghengis has already captured two CS, while Atilla has taken one nearby. Ghengis has just declared on Shaka, and I can tell with the amount of units he has, Atilla is about to attack one of the two. It's all kicking off.

your girlfriend plays on something other than Chieftain?
Unreal. The only reason mine stopped playing on Settler is because all the tutorial advice kept popping up and I told her the only way to get that to stop that was to stop playing on settler.

Then I snuck on her computer and disabled the advisor messages :p

Seen it a few times when an AI civ takes a hammering and gets left with one small city. If there's nowhere else to build, they usually turtle and cannot recover.

Speaking of Shaka, I have an interesting situation in my current game where Shaka, Atilla, and Ghengis all border each other. Ghengis has already captured two CS, while Atilla has taken one nearby. Ghengis has just declared on Shaka, and I can tell with the amount of units he has, Atilla is about to attack one of the two. It's all kicking off.

I always have games like that. I use RAS and disabled all civilizations but those who like going to war. It's made BNW bearable again.

Top Bottom