AI and Ideologies

njmfff

Prince
Could someone explain this to me? Maybe I am missing something?

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

I noticed it when suddenly in matter of few turns my happiness dropped, I check out and see that Siam had influence over me? :confused:

He was crushed by Inca and me fairly early in the game and had only that one city for the rest of the game. I don't recall it, but I think he was embargoed.

I've traded with Inca and Assyria all the time, but nope, but Siam with all of it's 2 tourism had managed to get influence over my civ, even if I had far greater culture\tourism then Siam?

He didn't have influence over me earlier in the game, and he picked ideology fairly late in the game (maybe 30 turns before this).

There were also no diplomats involved, and he could not possibly place GM since we didn't have open boarders.

So I had no choice but to take his last city and get diplo hits with rest of the civs. Funniest thing is, Inca denounced me after that and declared me a warmonger, even if he was fighting all the time from the start of the game (he was fairly aggressive and most hated civ in the game) and took out Hiawatha and Elizabeth himself. :lol:

What's the problem? Siam is Exotic towards you, you are Unknown towards Siam, that results in Dissidents for you. Or are you wondering why exactly Siam has all that tourism? I'd guess GM spam or something, but am not sure really.

I think I was also exotic toward Siam, and he didn't send any of his GM because we didn't have open boarders (I had his tho when we were "friendly").

He had only 2 tourism against my nearly 100 and I had way more culture then he had. (he hit Modern very late in the game, and had only that one city for the majority of the game. I took his Capital and city around Medieval\Renaissance, and Inca took one other).

That's what I find strange, since other two major civs were also Order, and we did have TR, OB and so on.

I think I was also exotic toward Siam, and he didn't send any of his GM because we didn't have open boarders (I had his tho when we were "friendly").

If two civs are exotic towards each other, there is no pressure between the two. Since Siam is exotic towards you and you are facing pressure, you are most likely unknown to them.

Top Bottom