lakes nerfed?

Lakes do benefit from lighthouses but you can't build lighthouses on lakes. You have to build next to an ocean tile and still have the lake in the city's radius.

I was also suprised, back when Civ V was announced, that they still had work boats, as I assumed the task could just be done by embarked Workers. But I guess for the Fishing Boats improvement, it makes sense, as it's not really something a worker could "build", but rather a unit that's permanently assigned to a resource node.

The Offshore Platform, on the other hand, is a different matter.

The bigger issue is getting those work boats to water tiles that aren't adjacent to a city or connected to a water tile that is.

Maybe we should be able to embark work boats on land. :p

In fact, sticking this thread into my "stuff to mod latter/useful" folder for that and to make the distinction between lakes and seas clearer.

The bigger issue is getting those work boats to water tiles that aren't adjacent to a city or connected to a water tile that is.

Maybe we should be able to embark work boats on land. :p

In fact, sticking this thread into my "stuff to mod latter/useful" folder for that and to make the distinction between lakes and seas clearer.

I think they should make it that once the city center is connected to coast through hex ownership, you should be able to build ocean units since the city is all the tiles owned. The main tile is just the city center.

Maybe there could be an improvement only buildable on coast called shipyard or something to specify where the ships would appear when built by the city.

Lakes do benefit from lighthouses but you can't build lighthouses on lakes. You have to build next to an ocean tile and still have the lake in the city's radius.

What I am saying is that this entirely is not the case since GaK. Cities on the salt water coast with a lighthouse AND a lake within the city radius do not give lake tiles any bonus. It really should, making lake tiles somewhat useful. I'm not sure if this was a purposeful change or by accident. I haven't checked this out since the Fall Patch though.

What I am saying is that this entirely is not the case since GaK. Cities on the salt water coast with a lighthouse AND a lake within the city radius do not give lake tiles any bonus. It really should, making lake tiles somewhat useful. I'm not sure if this was a purposeful change or by accident. I haven't checked this out since the Fall Patch though.

Yep pre fall patch lighthouses didn't improve lakes anymore - Whoever tries again - please mention results here!

I know they changed the size of a body of water for constructing naval units, could this be related somehow, depending on what code was changed?

Spoiler :
- Change minimum area size for all naval units to 10 (from 20). That allows them to be built in the same cities as harbors, seaports (and great admirals) -- i.e. on any body of water not considered to be a "lake"

Top Bottom