Civilization V Funny screenshots

The AI apparently decided to make up for all the schizophrenic, hypocritical, jerky behavior they normally subject me to by doing something genuinely nice for once:

Spoiler My birthday present :

Yes, I am the only civ in the entire world running Freedom, and I used all my delegates to vote against the Embargo City States resolution, and yet Freedom became world ideology. The AIs literally threw their votes away for no other purpose than helping me win the game. I honestly don't know what to say, I have never experienced such selfless kindness by an AI before! :eek:

Attachments

• 2015-11-17_00001.jpg
    2015-11-17_00001.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 3,654
  • 2015-11-17_00002.jpg
    2015-11-17_00002.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 3,440
(Not mine obviously, but I found it on imgur and it works here :p )

"Anyway, here's Wonder wall by Oasis..."

Spoiler :

I honestly don't know what to say, I have never experienced such selfless kindness by an AI before! :eek:

Maybe the AI that voted for it wanted to adopt Freedom down the line. What difficulty were you running on?

Maybe the AI that voted for it wanted to adopt Freedom down the line. What difficulty were you running on?

Prince I think? Whatever the alleged default is, number 4 I think.

Sorry for missing this earlier...
The AI apparently decided to make up for all the schizophrenic, hypocritical, jerky behavior they normally subject me to by doing something genuinely nice for once:
Nah, just good play on your part!
Yes, I am the only civ in the entire world running Freedom
You are the only one with an ideology. That is excellent timing for WI vote. Civs that like you will vote for the resolutions you put up when they don't care either way.
I used all my delegates to vote against the Embargo City States resolution
That is good play. It is not unusual for AIs to be unbribable for the vote you really care about (say WI or WR), but you can bribe them to vote the way you want on the other resolution (e.g., banning a lux). That still ties up their vote, so if you have a few CS allies, that gives you enough votes to force the resolution you actually care about.
...and yet Freedom became world ideology. The AIs literally threw their votes away for no other purpose than helping me win the game. I honestly don't know what to say, I have never experienced such selfless kindness by an AI before!
With your example, you actually wanted both resolutions to pass, so that is tougher. But AIs voting for your WI when they do not already have an ideology is not rare (so they say). I take it that you did not have DoF going with Sweden!

I recently finished a one city challenge as Venice (I needed a win as them anyway :p ), and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect start:

Spoiler :

Who needs the great wall when nature protects you anyway? And to make it easier on me, Shaka wiped out 2 civs, and almost 3 (I saved Constantinople) making my culture win a freebie.

This seemed to be a thing in my latest game... City States having a load of their workers being stolen by Barbarians. The latter one in particular was quite amusing - by the time I had returned most of Tellesta's Workers (I took a couple for myself), I had over 300 Influence with them!

Love how the first few levels are submerged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which mod?

Hmnn, maybe to test their new Holy water/silver nitrate exploding crossbow bolts?

Which mod?

Hmnn, maybe to test their new Holy water/silver nitrate exploding crossbow bolts?

It's the Castle Volkihar mod, one of the Elder Scrolls wonders DJSHenniger made. One of its effects is that you get a Vampire Lord, which apparently counts as a Great Person... and thus city states can ask to consult with one. :p

That sounds like a fun mod, what does the Vampire Lord do? Besides the obvious, I mean. :p

That sounds like a fun mod, what does the Vampire Lord do? Besides the obvious, I mean. :p

Echo the above, as I can't find the mod on Steam Workshop.. Is it under another name?

Sometimes I just love how surreal fictional mods can make Civ:

Spoiler :

I wonder what the Vatican wanted it for?

This is first funny screenshot for me in this thread. :lol:

Echo the above, as I can't find the mod on Steam Workshop.. Is it under another name?

The Vampire Lord apparently heals all friendly units within 3 tiles of him, although units trained in the city with the wonder heal up after killing enemies. So lots of vampires. :p

You can find the mod on Steam here .

Apparently city-states can gift you Merchants of Venice. Here is peeking his head out of a Kasbah when I got him.

Spoiler :

Maybe not funny but definitely ridiculous.

Apparently city-states can gift you Merchants of Venice. Here is peeking his head out of a Kasbah when I got him.

Spoiler :

Maybe not funny but definitely ridiculous.

I've had that happen just recently when I was playing as the Japanese, it's like the city state offers their complete sovereignty to you.

Top Bottom