Most hated leader

Mansa is simply the fastest techer, because he trades everything with everyone.

And yes, AI suffer Anarchy. Not sure it suffers the same length of Anarchy, but I'm sure that at least 1T anarchy is possible, because many use that as a war-tactic, have good relations, bribe AI out of Slavery directly before the war, walk in.

Ramesses and Gandhi always build wonders a few turns before I can (especially annoying when they're too far away to attack).

Also Sitting Bull and his obsession with spies.

Shaka because he'll go to war with anyone just for grins and giggles. He reminds me of the line I'd often get in Civ2 when I had just met some AI civ: "You have insulted us for the last time."

And you ok with others like Genghis Khan?
I know history may get blurrier the earlier we try to look, but theres a high probability some of the playable leaders in civ4 would make Hitler and Stalin look like boy-scouts

I had a feeling that someone would pick that up.:) It was a close call between GK and JS but as the thread title is 'Most Hated Leader' (singular) I could only choose one. Stalin won out for me for the following reasons:

Genghis Khan lived in an era far more savage and brutal than Stalin. That doesn't excuse GK's actions but, to my mind, it's not reasonable to judge ancient events through modern eyes and values. Stalin existed in an age of relative enlightenment and within living memory so his crimes are less excusable. As you rightly say, time affects our opinions.

Genghis slaughtered entire city populations for the cause of war and expansion. Stalin slaughtered his own people to stay in power and enforce a flawed doctrine.

You are quite right about some of the other leaders perhaps being just as bad but I believe that judgement should be weighted against the values of their times. I don't think there is a single leader in the game I'd enjoy going for a beer with. :D

KH

Sure, Mansa is the biggest tech trader. But I had the impression that he was a very fast techer even before alpha or in isolation. Which he is because of FIN and his focus on research but probably not faster than some other FIN leaders.

I do not remember who the worst backstabber is but otherwise I probably hate the religious fanatics like Isabella most. They will always hate you if you are in a different religion, not trade techs, pester you to convert etc. Monty is also evil but he usually plays worse and is often far behind in tech so not such a big threat.

Genghis Khan lived in an era far more savage and brutal than Stalin. That doesn't excuse GK's actions but, to my mind, it's not reasonable to judge ancient events through modern eyes and values. Stalin existed in an age of relative enlightenment and within living memory so his crimes are less excusable. As you rightly say, time affects our opinions.

KH

Yeah I see your point. Also "an age of relative enlightenment" is maybe the best description ive seen of the first half of the 20th century. On this side, all these brilliant scientist reinventing physics, on the other side, all those brutes employing scientists and engineers to devise means to kill people faster and more efficiently.

Shaka always annoys me. He's a good warmonger but also good at keeping pace in tech. He's good at making large armies and you're in for a rough ride if he borders you.

REXers are annoying too. You spot a nice plot of land for a city but before you know it Joao or Charlemagne have taken it.

Cathy is the single worst backstabber as the only AI that will backstab at friendly.

Tokugawa is my least favorite. When dealing with him I always feel like saying "Alright dude, if you don't want to play Civ 4 then fine, don't play, but don't just sit there and pout all night ruining everybody else's fun."

Tok and Monty used to top my list but once I started building that junk city and gifting it to tok to get the good diplo going, he can be a loyal attack dog.

uhh.. Idk which one is the most hated leader really so I guess its up to everyone else's vote total to find that out. If I were to cast in a vote, I would choose an option that would be in the poll of course.

I wished you put up a poll on this one.

The warmongers I expect to fight me eventually.
Sitting Bull is the one I feel is Most annoying. Toku would get 2nd place for me.

I thought just had it really easy so that's annoying.... I'm not that racist anyways.

Non-modded; Pacal. Especially if he gets a decent start position, he'll almost always get a head start on the tech race.

Modded; Henry the VIII. Especially if playing on a huge+ map. His SCI/IND traits make him a serious threat. He'll backstab at pleased, and his SOTL UU is a royal PITA on any maps with decent amounts of ocean. Absolutely hate the fate bearded ego-maniac.

Modded; Henry the VIII. Especially if playing on a huge+ map. His SCI/IND traits make him a serious threat. He'll backstab at pleased, and his SOTL UU is a royal PITA on any maps with decent amounts of ocean. Absolutely hate the fate bearded ego-maniac.

Which mod?

Which mod?

History Rewritten. Good mod, Had lots of fun playing as Sam Adams (PHI/FIN) for the USA. There's a 50 civ add on for it as well. Though, for that, I would recommend a higher end pc.

^^That sam adams is similar to Elizabeth who also is phi fin. .

Yes. Basically A USA version of 'Liz. Was actually fun playing as him, as my previous game with him as an AI was rather brutal. When he wasn't buying everything in sight, he was tossing enough spy ops at me that would make even Sitting Bum green with envy.

No way. ..sitting bull was sometimes overpowered and is better for smaller maps .^^
Also, Hannibal was known as the jealous guy.

No way. ..sitting bull was sometimes overpowered and is better for smaller maps .^^
Also, Hannibal was known as the jealous guy.

I don't play on small maps bro, Huge or greater for me. Gives the AI a lot more room for mischief.

Top Bottom