Ideas I wish was on civ 4

brian52799

Chieftain
I think it would been a good idea if your army could take prisoners during battle.I think it could work, maybe after a army dud take prisoners it could use them for the slavery civic, then use them to build wonders.I think the Romans used slaves to build it's wonders.I also think a army should be trained before battle, if your civilization don't have enough money to support the army then it shouldn't be trained good.I also would like to have like a special forces option that would run missions, like what the US special forces did when killing bin Laden.I think that system could be run like the espionage system in civ 4, if a civ don't have it's forces trained well then the missions won't be a success.I think the special forces could get built up by a point system like the espionage system by how much money and effort the civ puts in it.Then I think it would be interesting if you could kill the other civs leader then put a little political edge to the game.

Sorry for the mis spelling on the title of this thread,I tried to edit but I can't edit the title.

The Random Events that happen in Civ 4 Beyond the Sword have some ideas like those in them. Alot of players though, myself included, don't think that BtS random events were implemented well enough. And well they are random, so its only rare when you get random events that you might want for what you mentioned, like capturing wounded after a battle or doing "special diplomacy actions", or "special ops" etc. I wish random events could be more like what you said. One cool thing in the game already is, you can capture Workers if you're at war (or from Barbarians any time!). During a war you can plan how to get multiple workers sometimes, and then use the new people to chop forests for the empire, build roads to your other land, etc. Also the cities you capture often give you wonders for free, and other goodies. Maybe in a new version Civilization game you could have a special forces unit, sort of like a spy or like a submarine "invisible to other units" or only other special forces can see them etc.

The Realism Invictus mod does this. If you are running slavery there is a chance you get a slave unit once you defeat an enemy unit. You can than use them as a slower worker or as instant hammers in a city.

In Civ:Call to Power, you could build a slaver unit that could either steal a point of population from unwalled cities to create a point of slave population in one of your cities, or travel with a stack and create slaves from destroyed enemy units.

Civ 4 could've had an easy to understand way to victory for Deity. I've been restarting so many times and AI is ridiculously overpowered everytime. It feels stupid.

If the game would have an easy route to win on Deity, it would be boring pretty fast. The great thing about CIV is, that it takes years to master.

The issue about civ then is that it is too fun then. I re used civilization 4 yesterday barely and that's why I'm here because it remember most if the abuses that Deity air easily caused in so many games in a short time.

The issue about civ then is that it is too fun then. I re used civilization 4 yesterday barely and that's why I'm here because it remember most if the abuses that Deity air easily caused in so many games in a short time.

You are probably talking about Civ 5.

No because civ 5 loads too slow to get that many games finished.

If you're talking about CIV4, the post above makes even less sense. I thought there might be some sense that I don't understand, because it's over CIV5. Maybe you want to reformulate it, and describe what you ment by "you remember most of the exploits of the Deity AIs" .

I'm saying civ 4 loads so fast that you could play more games than in civ 5 since it loads slower than civ 4.

Civ 4 loads that m Yuri uch faster than civ 5 does so you can play a lot more since you need to exit and re enter a new game every time Deity AI kicks your ass.

Yes, but have you read your post I relate to? This is it:

First you complain that CIV Deity-AI is too hard, then I say it's good that it is, then you post that CIV is too much fun, that sounds like the exact opposite of what you wrote before. Then you post though, that you used it "barely" yesterday, which again is bad, and I don't get what remembering the abuses of Deity-AI has to do with that all, because you don't describe which ones you mean and why this made you use CIV barely yesterday.

Deity AI is too difficult for me then. I don't want to continue with civilization 4 Deity which is why I'm here. It is too foolish. An AI always wins.

Deity AI is too difficult for me then. I don't want to continue with civilization 4 Deity which is why I'm here. It is too foolish. An AI always wins.

Starting CIV4 on a lower level to learn it is totally normal. For beating Deity, most players need many months or even years in which they study the game. You can't compare that with CIV5. I haven't played CIV5, but from what I heard, the AI is not able to wage wars because of 1 UPT. This is, like you were playing Archipelagio in CIV, where the AIs sit on their little island, and are unable to do any form of naval invasion. Take an advanced start on top, and AI isn't even able to expand properly, because the Settlers are too expensive for AI to build them.

If you want to learn beating Deity, you must read, read, read and play, play, play. You need to suck up tons of losses, probably more than 100 games, and that with playing CIV with your full concentration. Beating Deity goes so far, that I sometimes turn of the music, to better concentrate.

If you want, you can also search the forums for my early posts, there are various rants from me too, but because I never give up, I learned to beat it. I haven't stopped learning CIV4 tactics since now, and the first time I beat Deity must have been 4y ago.

You do realize that the in game description for Deity is literally "MUHAHAHA good luck sucker!"? The whole point of it is that it's ridiculously hard. If you wanted an easier game you could pick literally every other difficulty setting but the hardest one. :crazyeye:

Although it was somewhat annoying I liked that Civ II had population caps unless a city had certain buildings (aquaeduct and later sewer system). In Civ IV health is pure luck from the map and trades and most of the time not a problem at all.

Also, better balanced barbs would be fun. As it is now they can be a pain early but are usually totally irrelevant later on. There should be sea barbs later on, landing raiding parties and attacking vessels on the high seas not only plundering coastal improvements. It would also be fun to be able to bribe barbs to attack/plunder the AI opponents.

Privateers could capture smaller vessels and upgrade them to privateers

More terraforming: irrigating desert, tunneling mountains etc.

Top Bottom