Two Odd Things That Happened to me Recently....

1) I was playing on a huge map and was in line for an overall civ culture victory. But it never came. I had 10,000 more culture than it stated I needed. Does anyone know why I never got it? Does it have anything to do with the fact that the Mayan capital had more culture than my capital?

2) In this game I just started three AIs started within a space of each other. I've never seen that happen before.

Have these things happened to anyone else?

Regarding 1)
Maybe the cultural victory condition was disabled? You can choose what victory conditions you want to allow when starting a new game.
And as a second thought (of which I´m not at all sure about) it might be necessary that no other civ has more than 2/3 of your culture.

Hmmm am I just missing it does it not mention that anywhere in the civilopeida?

I had 170K culture, I will reload and see if I didn't have more than twice the nearest rival. That is quite possible since it was a pangea map and everyone had a lot of culture.

Culture victory was definitely enabled. :)

If this is C3C the F8 screen will tell you what you need to win on that map size. What it does not say is that you need to also be twice the amount of the second highest civ.

So 160K for a huge turns into 200K if the number 2 has 100K.

Top Bottom