Future Era Warfare and GDR's

Syntax Error

Prince
Back in Vanilla, GDR's were pretty much a "Luxury" end-game unit, in a sense that once you do get to them, you should've won the game anyway. They level cities very quick and helps fuel COMPLETE.GLOBAL.DOMINATION.

Fast forward to GnK. I've built a couple of GDR's and they can't even capture a city of a dying civ in one turn! Is future warfare now confined to Mech Infantries?

Back in Vanilla, GDR's were pretty much a "Luxury" end-game unit, in a sense that once you do get to them, you should've won the game anyway. They level cities very quick and helps fuel COMPLETE.GLOBAL.DOMINATION.

Fast forward to GnK. I've built a couple of GDR's and they can't even capture a city of a dying civ in one turn! Is future warfare now confined to Mech Infantries?

Remember, City's are now stronger in health, and battles take longer due to the increase to 100 hit points per unit.

Why do they need to take it in one turn?

They are still stronger than mech infantry attacking cities, even with the penalty I believe.

Since G&K came out, I haven't built GDRs or stealth bombers. The game is won by then and I have no need for them and the game is likely over before I get them researched...

No, it means you're actually supposed to use more than just one type of unit in war.

Top Bottom