PolyCast Episode 227: "Rinse, Repeat"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
As directed. The two-hundred-and-twenty-seventh episode of PolyCast, "Rinse, Repeat", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host "Peng Qi". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m09s | Miscellaneous
Civilization IV modder Gabriel "Rhye" Trovato is set to present a paper with the game's Lead Designer, Soren Johnson, arguing for a particular approach to gameplay; then, a 500+ turn Freeciv battle pitting 100 civilizations all controlled by that game's Artificial Intelligence (AI) against one another (06m39s).
- 52m50s | Forum Talk
Giving most Civilization V civilizations a buff to compare against three of their counterparts is followed by which two would make a good team in the game (27m37s) and embassy exchanges or not (34m07s); then, what if companies (38m35s) and/or websites (41m33s) were CivV civs and what are one's guilty pleasures in the game (44m57s).
- 52m44s | Theatre
The telling of recent Civilization V gameplay experiences and on the promise of more.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Saw the sign, guessing game and the first "Question of the Episode" asks: What if PolyCast was a civ?

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

When you guys first started discussing optimal teams to play to gang up on the AI, my first thought was Mongolia and Songhai. Similar to your Greece and Huns suggestion, but a little later for the UUs. The ranged Keshiks coupled with the melee Mandekalu Cavalry that don't get the normal mounted unit penalty for attacking cities, means you can sweep across the globe quickly conquering cities.

When you guys first started discussing optimal teams to play to gang up on the AI, my first thought was Mongolia and Songhai. Similar to your Greece and Huns suggestion, but a little later for the UUs. The ranged Keshiks coupled with the melee Mandekalu Cavalry that don't get the normal mounted unit penalty for attacking cities, means you can sweep across the globe quickly conquering cities.

Keshiks and CA wear down cities so hard & quickly that you can take them with horsemen lol. I believe anything that can make really strong Keshik/CA from "go" would perform better simply because you just...win outright sooner.

So I just realized that Dan's username could easily be pronounced "dank."

Or maybe Danke as in German?
Or many other things I saw when I googled it.

Instead of beating a dead horse, that was already lazy and not so great, why not bring up some news on an upcoming title called: CIV6.

Top Bottom