Sudden barbarian spawn outside capital. Bug?

gunnarsj

Chieftain
[Edit after reloading an auto-save and watching what happened]:

In my latest Venice game I had the following happen: a barbarian galley came up to my capitol, and it spawned three more units next to it (two more galleys and a swordsman). Anyone had this happen to them? And know the reason why?

Attachments

• Skjermbil.jpg
    Skjermbil.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 667
Thank you, phillipwyllie!

I wasn't aware that they spawn when they do that. By some freak occurrance, he managed to take out all three of my trade routes right there outside my capitol in the same turn, so that explains why three extra spawned then.

Glad it wasn't a bug, and thanks for the help! :)

So happy to read this isn't a bug. Am just playing on Immortal and I still haven't beaten this level. This time I think I have a good chance, and all of a sudden this happened to me.

Thought it was a bug and my game was destroyed for good :eek:

Yeah you can see by your notifications on the side that 3 trade routes were taken, which is why 3 barbs spawned instead of just 1! It's a really annoying mechanic, especially as Venice, but I suppose it means you have to have some sort of protection

I kind of like it - as long as you could argue it is relativily realistic. Just happy to know it isn't a bug :)

Funny, I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. After destroying the camp that spawned the original ship, I went all around looking for other camps that must have spawned the other ships.

Not so funny If you know the reason why :) I guess it can be a real pain in the ass if you have a rather large merchant fleet but no ships at all to protect them.

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk

Top Bottom