Zulu Discussion

ShahJahanII

Homesick Alien
The Zulu have been confirmed, as I am sure many of you already know.
Leader: Shaka Zulu
Spoiler :

Unique Ability: Melee units cost 50% less maintenance; all units receive 25% more experience
Unique Unit (Impi): Replaces pikeman, strike twice when attacking: first at range, then at melee.
Unique Building (Ikanda): Replaces barracks, provides new upgrades, such as bonus to flanking & vs. gunpowder units

Seems like another "just war" civ to me. Does anyone feel they are too similar to Germany? With both civs getting lower maintenance costs for units, a pikeman replacement for a UU, and relying heavily on melee units?

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/features/top-10-tweetable-truths-for-civilization-v-brave-new-world-6406878/

I'm looking forward to trying him out.

I hope this means Germany is getting a UA renovation. Shaka's UA certainly suggests that there might be merit for one, and I think Germany could use one anyway.

I like that they are introducing new UU mechanics. It makes them harder to predict, which is more fun.

Sorry, this isn't Zulu related, but does come from the source you linked:

In the Nuclear Fusion branch of Brave New World's tech tree, there's a new, final upgrade for ranged infantry: the bazooka.

What?!

What does this mean for the Spearman and Archer lines? I thought the Bazooka was supposed to be an Anti-tank unit, which comes from the Spearman line. Does this mean that Archers eventually become Anti-tank now?

Everything seems nice except the "all units receive 25% more experience". Zulu of all civs are getting the most elite and well trained units in the game?!? :crazyeye: That seems to go against the "horde" bonus they already have? Not just the most units, they are the best as well...? Seriously?

I can live with it but it does seem very unbalanced and very unhistorical.

I suspect Germany will be modified to account for this. Especially with the overhaul of France, it shows nothing is off limits.

ETA: I just wish Songhai were as well.

Everything seems nice except the "all units receive 25% more experience". Zulu of all civs are getting the most elite and well trained units in the game?!? :crazyeye: That seems to go against the "horde" bonus they already have? Not just the most units, they are the best as well...? Seriously?

I can live with it but it does seem very unbalanced and very unhistorical.

Considering this has been tested by firaxis and civfanatics in the Frankenstein group, I trust it to be reasonably balanced. In fact, I imagine most games the Zulu will get shafted late on by the world congress.

It would be a military overwhelming choise.

Considering this has been tested by firaxis and civfanatics in the Frankenstein group, I trust it to be reasonably balanced. In fact, I imagine most games the Zulu will get shafted late on by the world congress.

Yeah, they've never released the game with significant unbalanced errors before. :rolleyes: Anyway, the goal when playing with the Zulu -- or any other major early warmonger -- is to have the game close to wrapped up by the time of the World Congress.

Its great that they are changing the old civs too. Im referring to France and Im almost certain Germany and few others will also be changed.

Its great that they are changing the old civs too. Im referring to France and Im almost certain Germany and few others will also be changed.

I think the most needed changes are with England.
Needs to be renamed Great Britain and have a Redcoat rather than Longbowmen.

Top Bottom