BNW patch en route

Anyone figure out how to start Civ5 in Pitboss mode? I don't see anything in the MP menu

CS

Haven't tried it yet, but the option appears to be in the advanced settings menu where stuff like quick combat and no barbarians is located.

Anyone figure out how to start Civ5 in Pitboss mode? I don't see anything in the MP menu

CS

ok nevermind it seems it is simply a check box in the advanced game settings in the host new MP game screen.

I hope Firaxis gets the memo that a stand alone app is required. No one wants to burn up their steam login for weeks to host a pitboss game.....who ever thought this would work should be fired...

CS

Can no longer interact with other civs when it's not your turn. Shame, since that feature allowed for efficient playing. Now I'll just have to twiddle my thumbs during AI turns.

Edit: Can no longer change production when it's not your turn either, nor reassign citizens :(

ok nevermind it seems it is simply a check box in the advanced game settings in the host new MP game screen.

I hope Firaxis gets the memo that a stand alone app is required. No one wants to burn up their steam login for weeks to host a pitboss game.....who ever thought this would work should be fired...

CS

They said it's under Steam for now, but will release a standalone (in the SDK or something) later.

Would someone be able to confirm that the new patch doesn't break pre-patch save games, please?

(I know they've already said that it won't, but I want to make double sure as my current game is too awesome to lose!)

OooOOooh.. lots of new data to look through! :eek:

Whew... figured a new patch would be coming this week; good thing I backed-up all the original files two nights ago so I can do code comparisons. :D

Guys, look at end of expansion2.civ5pkg, Haile Selassie's getting new textures...

Could be Ethiopia was added into the Scramble for Africa scenario.

Would someone be able to confirm that the new patch doesn't break pre-patch save games, please?

(I know they've already said that it won't, but I want to make double sure as my current game is too awesome to lose!)

It doesn't.

Okay, now I got it. Lots of fun stuff in here. Music. XML files.

Now I just wish I could play BNW even more :sad:

I wonder if it can be hacked to work already, but I guess it probably miss some vital files.

The new opening is EPIC. 3D Einstein and a nuke? As well as the war scenes.

Also, trees are much fluffier and roads improved. Cities now makes sounds when in city screen. Like in CIV IV.

It doesn't.

It actually broke my HotSeat save game, so be careful if you're playing a game multiplayer!
If I try to load my game, it starts seemingly normal, but once I press continue to play my turn, it skips over it and starts Player 2's turn. Pressing "Next Turn" during his turn does nothing, and we can't continue the game.

Good thing I still have another PC not patched...

Also - GAH! :love: I love Maria I's Peace Theme! Fits her leaderscreen so well, too! (Her war theme is nothing special though...)

The new opening is EPIC. 3D Einstein and a nuke? As well as the war scenes.

Also, trees are much fluffier and roads improved. Cities now makes sounds when in city screen. Like in CIV IV.

Yeah, the game is subtly smoother and prettier. Nice.

EDIT: The intro really is cool as all get out. I just watched it.

Top Bottom