How Can I Improve This Game?

Crazy Civ

Do I Really Need A Title?
It's about 1750, if my memory doesn't fail me, and I need some tips on how to improve my game. I control all of England and Ireland, and I've had 2 wars. Everybody is way ahead of my technology wise, except for Isabella and Tokugawa, who didn't even have paper before I helped them out ;)

Could you look at my saves and tell me where I'm going wrong?

Sincerely,

Crazy Civ

Attachments

• Lily the Irish AD-1745.Civ4SavedGame
    496.5 KB · Views: 67
Thanks to you 4 people who viewed my save so far. Please, could you tell me

a) Why I'm not earning enough money and how to fix it
b) How to speed up my teching without affecting my money ...
c) Anything else you want to comment on ... wars, relationships, cities, anything.

One thing stand out to me. You have waaaay too few workers and probably way to few cities. More cities = more money and research in the long run and nothing get up the productivity and commerce as much as working improved titles.. To get more cities you likely have to go to war at this point.. If you had gotten more workers earlier you would have done way better... As a rule you should never work unimproved titles.. you work a ton.. Get more workers earlier.. How do you plan to win this game? it does't seem like you have a concrete goal in mind... Seeing as you have 5 religions i think that is your best bet... If so you don't need to expand obviously... There are tons of other threads on cultural victory. Space is probably also doable if you set about improving your land.. Why are you building all these useless temples instead of workers?

Money doesn't actually do anything in itself... What you want is to tech faster... The obvious solution given your land would be cottages...

Too much military. Use it to invade something. The AI is terrible at seaborne invasions. Use it.

Far, far too much unimproved land. About 1.5 workers for every city. More cottages. If you are using the sea when you have perfectly good grassland, you are doing something wrong.

If you want to stay isolated, and not invade. Make double sure you have all the right economic techs, and that all your land is improved. Don't work unimproved land (and I count non-resource sea along side this if you still have land to work).

Specialize your cities.

Oh, and some screenshots and a description would probably give you more advise. Not everyone is able/would bother with starting up CivIV to see what could be shown with a screenshot.

Thanks for the advice, I will build more workers and more cottages. Should I go invade Cyrus? He doesn't have gunpowder yet ... and his coastal cities seem easy enough to take ...

Maybe I'll go back to one of my earlier saves and grab some more of Europe ... and then get Ireland, which I must admit I wanted, because I thought it would be a good strategic location :p ... I've had only 2 wars, and I only got 2 cities out of that ...

Yes, I've noticed the AI pretty much sucks at sea invasions. I'll destroy Cyrus' ships and send over some troops...

I'm not the best at specializing cities, to be honest ... I'll work on that.

I was aiming for a Space Race or Diplomatic victory, but Space Race doesn't look like it's going to happen now. Better get my score up...

I wanted to use screenshots, but sadly there is no PrtScrn button on my Mac keyboard.

Thanks for the advice! Maybe I'll just start over with your tips in mind at this point.

Top Bottom