Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Sweeeeeet :D Thanks :D

Did I merge it wrong or did you enlarge some of the icons

New

Old

Especially the icon/feature that hides the unbuildables is gone?
ehm, cough cough, nevermind ;)

Also, dont know if its possible, but can the borders around the new Builds (and especially the blank space) be removed or are they hardcoded?

Besides that, VERY nice. I'm gonna enjoy this. Especially when playing on my tablet with Splashtop. :goodjob:

rgr. maybe remove the blank space then, as it looks odd. Is it possible to lift the bar (the one with red dot dot dot on the first picture) a little bit, so it lies between the units on the tile and the buildables? It looks very squeezed in with unit orders and buildables in cities.

Up to you :D
Haven't really tested the pedia to see how it looks in a mod with many many new contents, so would be fun to take a look.
Nowadays I don't play though, so can't give you any feedback.

P.S.
Congrats on your girl :)

I'm at the nice era of my mod, where I actually play more than I mod, and enjoy it thoroughly. I started to play quite a lot on my TV with my mouse only, and also in my bed with my tablet. There is however one thing I'm missing alot, and that is Next/Previous units and a Center on Unit through mouse/touchscreen.
Something like this :

Is it possible? (added CircleDot, but havent tested it, so it prolly looks pretty bad (32x32 dds5 with alpha).

cheers
Vincentz

ps. I'm happy you named the Build list in platy options for Vincents though, while my real name is indeed Vincents, my CFC name is Vincentz ;)

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 254
  • CircleDot.zip
    999 bytes · Views: 55
Done, although not very satisfied with the results.

1) The buttons are placed on the left instead, because if you want it on the bar and at the right, it will eat into the promotion area.

2) The CircleDot looks weird in game, with some black patches here and there. But frankly speaking, I don't really see the point of it. The minimap is already flashing for the selected unit. Isn't it the same, moving your mouse to click on this new button, or moving your mouse and click on the minimap...

I guess you are right with the center thing, though on the PC I do use the <c> key quite a lot. Maybe use the Eye icon instead?
Is it possible to make it go through active, unmoved units like the keypad Enter or the <w> key instead of all units?
And lastly, maybe move it 10 pixels to the right, so its not too close to the edge. The reason why I put it on the right side was because on the left side there is the "Renaming Unit" feature, but I dont think its going to be a problem though.

Cheers Vincentz :D

1) Rewritten to function similar to wait.

2) Removed the center icon.
Since there is a keyboard function, and mouse function on mini map, is it really necessary?
Anyway with the new <> functions, < and > will go back and center on same unit as well.
Codes are commented out, so if you want it, you can re-enable it.
Artwork is XML defined.

3) Shifted slightly to the right.
As mentioned, it can't be placed at the right side, because of the promotions.
Unless they are shifted upwards, as high as the ones controlling the scoreboard.
Thus, I left them on the left side.

I am not getting the Natural Wonder movies to play:sad:. I am getting the message saying that I am the first to find the wonder. My and your version of thecheckReveal code which does that and the shows the movie is the same. I know it is this bit of code because the message is the only one that comes out in that colour.

I am not getting any python error messages.

I am right in thinking you tested the movies in game aren't I?

It depends also on what you do in the wondermovie screen itself as well.
You can't expect it to play without codes there.
Naturally, I tested my codes before, though it is not hard to download and proof otherwise :)

And obviously, movie option should be activated.

If nothing wrong with the python, then the problem will be the art define file.

Probably time to update it with one or two new wonders though.
HR got some pretty nice artwork.

1) onPlotRevealed
2) wonder moviescreen
3) art define movie XML
4) movie file itself

Chances are your art define file is screwed

C2C did not have a CvWonderMovieScreen.py so I copied yours over then updated the ScreensInterface.py to match yours which meant that I needed to copy over the PlatyPediaMovie.py as well to not get errors.

This suggests I have done something wrong in the ScreenInterface.py or the XML. I'll add a Natural Wonder movie to building since the building wonder movies were playing OK.

edit the movie plays fine as abuilding so the movie XML is fine so it looks like something in screensinterface.

If wondermoviescreen file does not exist in C2C, it simply means it is using the bts version since there are no changes.
Which means there is no need to add the screeninterface file.
It simply means your artdefinemovie file does not tally with the codes, so it cannot find the corresponding movie.

Which is what I had before and nothing was being displayed. :(

The artdefines movie is working because if I put the Aurora movie on a building it plays.

Top Bottom