Civilization III: Explore mod for PTW

WerBackIII

Jar of the Rotting Brain
OK, this is a scenario I'm working on, so here's the main:

1. PTW only.
2. Changes:
-Higher movement rate for all units
-more recources, strategic most; Examples:
You'll need "paper" in order to complete a library.
You'll need "Stone" in order to make a wall, or the oracle, or th Great Wall
You'll need "Village" in order to gain more food and train "Spec. Worker"(read down)
-New Units:
*"Special Worker"- Faster worker with the abilitie not to show his civilization. Could be used as a spy.
*"Colonizator"- Faster settler.
*"Slave"- Worker, who can be used to comlete the production of a city or settle down. However, he costs 10 citizens.

Say what you think and give your ideas!

Saved for updates

Current list of recources:

*Strategical:

-Timber (needed for ships and catapults, also for alot of buildings)
-Paper (needed for almost every type of cultural enviroment)
-Village (for the new special units)
-Stone (for stone buildings)
-Copper (for some units)

*Luxury

-Bananas
-Travelling Traders
-Oasis
-Canabis
-Crabs
-Seafood
-Exotic Fruits
-Exotic Animals

Almost all recourses give food. Only Canabis and Exotic Animals take food.

3 points:

The special worker with HN could be trouble - HN units are like magnets to the AI civs, which will attack them like mad whether you're at war or not. They will definitely not work as scouts. :p

If you give all the units extra moves then the value of an extra move is reduced. Also, you'll find that cavalry units will be less likely to retreat since all other units are classed as 'fast units'.

Almost all recourses give food. Only Canabis and Exotic Animals take food.

Does this mean that canabis and exotic animals will provide less food than normal tiles? If so, I'd say that was cool. :)

making some resources like timber so important means making a game nearly unplayable if you stand no chance to aquire it so it's important to have a really high appearence rate...

Two things.
First, out of curiosity - why PTW only?
Second, if you give invisible to a HN unit, then give it no attack or defence (nto too sure there actually) they'll be able to enter the tile it's on, and it won't be destroyed or captured.

@Samez
Eventhough that Timber is available only on Mountain, Hill and Forest tiles, it's a low rate recource. Marble is a bit higher, but is available almost everywhere.
@Derf
I have PTW only
they'll be able to enter the tile it's on, and it won't be destroyed or captured.
What do you mean?
@Keroro
Yes, they'll take food(Canabis as a drug - will make citizens ill or smthing like that and will take food; Exotic Animals - they'll eat the food)

Ok, so you have a unit with the Hidden Nat and Invisible flags on. You move it to, say the middle of an AI army.
The AI will move units into the same tile as said unit, but they don't attack it, destroy it or capture it. So, you have a pile of AI units on a tile, and also your invisible hidden nat unit there still under your control - just in the same place as some AI units.

Does that help, or am I still spouting nonsense..... like I usually do....

Good idea for a spy unit is coming up in my head... tnx! :)

Top Bottom