The great "Community" + Dan Harmon + "NBC, nooo" discussion thread

How many seasons should this show last?

• Three's good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Four, to round out the four-year college.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Five.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Six seasons and a movie!!!

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Seven.

• Eight.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • NIne.

• More than nine.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • They should have cancelled it with the first season.

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
:salute:

I'm ambivalent. Season 4 wasn't good. I want more, but I know it needs to stop.

:salute:

I'm ambivalent. Season 4 wasn't good. I want more, but I know it needs to stop.

Meh, after watching HIMYM the last two seasons I know just how bad it CAN get. Community would need to go another 15 seasons before it deteriorated to that point.

I'm fairly enthusiastic on season 4 in general. The only thing I havn't really liked is Chang's role in the show, which is a shame because I loved the dude seasons 1-3.

I really loved the season finale. Especially the writing on the chalk board at the end

I dunno. The Season 4 finale would be a great endpoint, and the quality did slip a little (not so much it wasn't worth watching, of course, but noticeable, and that was with Megan Ganz. Who apparently is the key to everything.)

Just an observation about a trend in the last several episodes:

Spoiler :
I someone going to kill themselves at the end of the season? Suicide has been mentioned in the last four episodes, maybe more if I took time to investigate more. In "Basic Story", the Dean tries to knock over the vending machine ("Let me be one of the six!"). In "G.I. Jeff", Britta asks if Jeff was trying to kill himself by taking pills and scotch. It is quickly dismissed, but the reference is still there. "Advanced Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" has a brief mention of when Fat Neil was about to kill himself. Finally, in "VCR Maintenance and Educational Publishing", Annie's brother simply says "Kill me."

It just strikes me as odd that they would fit in references to suicide in continuous episodes...

Well, it's just the first two episodes. There were some good moments. But I'm afraid to get my hopes up. :/

Yeah, still digging this. Last Tuesday's tag was one of their darkest; I loved it. I liked what someone said about Gillian Jacobs: she's an actor who's presented with something uncomfortable and just goes for it.

I'm satisfied. It's definitely not their best season but it's not their worst, either.

A movie, I read, is likely. I have no idea how they'll make that work, but I feel a bit better knowing there's probably more.

whenever i think to watch the new Community on Yahoo, Yahoo isn't working.

Have no other choice but to use Yahoo if you're not a pirate. It is what it is, but I agree that their streaming needs to be fixed. The main culprit is the commercials that actually slow the playback down. I was successful a couple times by just quitting Firefox after going through one commercial break; the site sometimes thinks you've seen all the commercials and streaming suddenly becomes a breeze.

Actual streaming wasn't even the biggest problem for me, their site is just awful to use. Too much trouble to find things, and doesn't always play what it's told to play. Sorry Yahoo, I tried, but you're terrible.

Someone recommended this & while sick in bed for a few days I decided to binge watch. I usually hate sitcoms so wasn't expecting much but it drew me in. I completed the first season but there were a few real dud episodes. The humor various from literal LOL to cringeworthy. Pierce probably makes me laugh the most at certain times (pantsing Shirley was classic) but alot of the time it's just super awkward & him tripping over stuff in every episode gets really old. Alot of the situations seem super forced/fake. Like Annie spontaneously going to hippie-dude to another college & then coming back at the last minute. The last episode was the worst (episode 25 of season 1), Britta & hot teacher vying over Jeff was pukeworthy, I hate the whole self-centered mic-grab scenes that are so common nowadays, the best was the Debate Club one, that's the one that made me care the most about what happened.

Annie is the hottest character on the show, she reminds me alot in look of the evil European connection lady in the last season (or two?) of Breaking Bad.

So I heard Season 2 gets a lot better, should I plow thru?

I give alot of credit to people who can keep a premise going for 100+ episodes.

Season 2 is better than season 1. Season 3 is also good. Seasons 4, 5, and 6 have a few gems but overall are nothing compared to the first three.

Top Bottom