some questions on tech tree changes

Glassmage

The Desert Flame
BNW tech tree from well of souls.
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/bnw_tech2.jpg

Hope someone, devs or normal forumers, can help me understand logic of these changes.

1. Why no National Treasury?
2. Why is there a dutch east india company in Medieval period?
3. Why Theater got removed and add in Zoo which serves same happiness making function?

Most important question:
4. Will the removed buildings be in the files along with icons and such so I can add them back in the game?

You've probably answered your own questions. Best speculation appears to be National Treasury => East Indie and Theater => Zoo. No idea about your fourth question.

BNW tech tree from well of souls.
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/bnw_tech2.jpg

Hope someone, devs or normal forumers, can help me understand logic of these changes.

1. Why no National Treasury?
2. Why is there a dutch east india company in Medieval period?
3. Why Theater got removed and add in Zoo which serves same happiness making function?

Most important question:
4. Will the removed buildings be in the files along with icons and such so I can add them back in the game?
@3: Current speculation is that Theatre got removed because it could be confused with Amphitheatre and/or because it would seem like a culture building rather than happiess building.

@4: I think the files will remain on your computer, because you can always chose to play in G&K/Vanilla mod even after you buy BNW.

For two, it's not a Dutch East India Company, it's an East India Company. The English had one too.

The East India Company should be available for production in the Renaissance era

So you want to buy the expansion so you can alter the files to put it back to how it is now? :confused:

I just don't even sometimes. Who ever thought trying the game first is an idea... Or even knowing something about the changes you decry.

But seriously, the East India Company IS the national treasure, with some flavour in its name.

Nobody knows what's happened to the theatre yet, presumably it hasn't just been arbitrarily changed, it may well be getting a culture/tourism overhaul.

So you want to buy the expansion so you can alter the files to put it back to how it is now? :confused:

I just don't even sometimes. Who ever thought trying the game first is an idea... Or even knowing something about the changes you decry.

But seriously, the East India Company IS the national treasure, with some flavour in its name.

Nobody knows what's happened to the theatre yet, presumably it hasn't just been arbitrarily changed, it may well be getting a culture/tourism overhaul.

Why is it your worry how he enjoys his game? "I just don't even sometimes"

I didn't even realize the National Treasury was changed. Hopefully they make it a little more exciting to build as the East India Company, than it currently is. It's a helpful national wonder currently, but not really a must build for small/tall empires.

In regards to the Globalization star, I think it's effect will be that it changes the World Congress to the United Nations.

In regards to the Globalization star, I think it's effect will be that it changes the World Congress to the United Nations.

Quite probably, but I'm hoping it grants all ITRs infinite range.:D

The UN is allegedly going to appear somewhere in the Atomic era, far earlier than Globalization.

Or he wants to add both. Or he wants the new civs and new mechanics but likes Theaters better. People mod games in all sorts of ways. This is a minor thing and their own business.

My current guess is that East India Company is the Caravansary-in-all-your-cities national wonder.

Do we know yet what the Caravansary does? From the Wikipedia article it sounds like the most appropriate effect would be to extend land trade routes, so you might not want it in all your cities.

even Norway Sweden had an east india company

Top Bottom