Workable Mountains

KevinJK

Warlord
Also available on Steam Workshop
Mountains can now be worked by cities once they have a yield. They don't start with one, but a small number of buildings can improve them.

• Palace now provides +1 Culture for Mountains. Stagnate your capital for an early policy at the start or just enjoy the small benefit later on, but only if you started near a mountain.
  • Stone Works can now be built in any city. It adds +2 Production to Mountains.
  • Aqueduct adds 1 Food to Mountains. Mountains needed a food yield building, and this makes sense because aqueducts bring water downhill to help with irrigation.
  • Observatory adds 1 Science to mountains, and can now be built up to 2 tiles away from a Mountain.
  • Machu Pichu adds 2 Faith to mountains, but has lost the 2 Faith on the building itself. If you've got more than one mountain near the city, this will be a net improvement.

The culture bonus is only done in the capital in order to keep its potential low and thus fair. Very early in the game, mountains become decent panels. Their potential is intentionally kept low, but they're no longer a hindrance when settling.

Along with my own work, this also uses some work from Pepyslav the Brave/LastSword. I also used an edited section of Lua code that was originally written by WHoward.

Attachments

• Workable Mountains (v 1).civ5mod
    2.4 KB · Views: 3,868
I think the yields are too much though, you have at least 4 yield points per mountain, which is usually only available post-industrial era. If you want to keep this yield, you'll have to tone down observatories, because 50% science is so powerful, and is made so to compensate for yield-less mountains.

Yeah I think with these extra benefits for observatories, it would make sense to drop it to +33% science instead of 50%. Maybe add 1gpt maintenance too.

Top Bottom