strategic resources too abundant even on "sparse"

kpi

Chieftain
One of the things I am finding, is that even on "sparse", by the time i get to mid game i have such a vast surplus of iron and horses that i don't need and other civs don't want to buy or trade for it in my favor "ie looks good as it is" - what do i do with it all?

And i am finding coal very under utilised, i am really only beelining to coal to buy factories to get the science increase from policy adaption, after that i don't even bother with it.

Aluminum is problematic in, by the time it comes around ive got a really wide empire and its easily accessible, and i have tons of workers to process - I feel that it should take more than 5 units of aluminium to build a space ship, it should be like 15 or more and that you should HAVE to build spaceship factories which consume some as well in order to build your spaceship.

Anyway, i love the idea of strategic resources, i just wish there were more than 6 types and they were much harder to obtain.

Really? It seems to me like the game always intentionally way short changes alluminum and sometimes uranium.

Do you have legendary start on?

nope, no ledgendary start, however in my most recent game my empire was about 30 cities big, so it just felt like it was everywhere :)

nope, no ledgendary start, however in my most recent game my empire was about 30 cities big, so it just felt like it was everywhere :)

I take it that was beyond standard then? Im not completely sure, but I think most of the game period is balanced for standard maps, the algorithms on smaller and larger then standard maps seem to be a little funny...

yep, this is on huge map. which i am finding is too tiny, it should be about 4 times the size it currently is.

yep, this is on huge map. which i am finding is too tiny, it should be about 4 times the size it currently is.

Yeah I figured, resources are always really hit and miss on big maps, especially when you start messing with sea level and junk.

The problem is scaling up as well, on all map sizes you need the same number of resources and troops(an army of ten dudes is just as good no matter how many cities they have) but the number of cities you have affects how quickly you can produce and grab resources. So on larger maps you will always have way more then you need, whereas on smaller smaller maps youl never have enough.

I'm not playing on huge maps. I'm more of a "standard" type of play. Always seem that I'm missing some key ressources. Of course, if you go on an assimilition spree then you take up a lot of space and resources from your conquered :spear: neighbourg...

Maybe it's part of the reason that you find that resources are so plentyful. You have those of your neighbourgs too. :smoke:.

Top Bottom