Craziest Earth map game you've ever played

FstrthnU

Chieftain
I want to see what kinds of games people have played on the Earth map.

For me, one of the craziest was my 2nd ever Civ 5 game, with China (Vanilla). I started in Western Europe and slowly expanded, and I was not familiar with most of the mechanics at all. What was craziest for me was unhappiness; I did not know how to deal with it at all (and didn't know how to purchase stuff either!) Things got really crazy after I took over Northern Asia and East Africa as Persia invaded Siberia (from the ACTUAL China area) and actually took a few cities. I had to rush the army from Africa while trying to hold them off with >20 Unhappiness. Then, while I was punching through East and South Asia I had to constantly deal with rebels. It kept going all the way through Africa and the amphibious invasion of North America (under English control). I had to station like 10 units back in the Europe-Africa area just to fight rebels. I finally made it to South America where my bombers had a grueling time attacking French cities so that I could take Paris and win the game.

While I've come a really long way in terms of skill, I still remember just how epic and incredible this particular game felt.

I don't personally play earth maps very often but the one I remember was my very first game in civ 5 on chieftan level. I was playing as Babylon and I started in the southeast corner of Asia. I had no clue what I was doing so I ended up only with with 4 cities that and I was surrounded by both America and Rome I ended up being at war with them on and off throughout the whole game while i was Turtling and aiming for a cultural victory. Problem was one civ was right behind me in social policies and I explored the world near the end of the game and Austria went absolutely nuts and completely owned every single tile in north and south america :eek: So my only hope to beat them was to win cultural before they do since there was no way I could conquer them in time. luckily I did and got cocky after words played as Greece on prince level and got absolutely owned :lol: I don't know if I would consider this "crazy" but it's my most memorable aside from the Roman general Robert E. Lee leading an army of Giant Death Robots from Africa to kill the Aztec tyrants in North America.

Just me playing as Netherlands and dominate Europe and Mediterranean :3

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

My favourite one was a modded Earth map. I used Shimazu (who are Japanese), started in Iran, and ended up controlling most of South Asia. East China was occupied entirely by the Iroquois, who settled Montreal in Bangladesh. Russia was also completely taken by Mongolia. I hadn't explored Western Europe by the time I abandoned it. Africa was split between Arabia and Songhai. Alaska was occupied by Aperture Science from Portal, and China, Egypt and Russia were on the Pacific coast of the Americas.

Beat THAT.

I've never fathomed how people can play Earth maps with random start positions. Doesn't it defeat the point? I always cringe when I see the AI found Chicago or Leningrad in the African desert... At least the capitals are in the right place.

I haven't had 'crazy' games on Earth maps because I always end up quitting and starting a new game... Earth maps are huge and I like the beginning stages the most. One game with Russia (in the right place! ;)) was a bit hectic at least... I took the city state of Warsaw (to straighten my borders *ahem*), and was at the time unaware of the diplomatic repercussions of such acts in the wider world. The very next turn Germany, Austria, Byzantium, Huns, Swedes and Persians all denounced me; within 10 turns all but the Germans had declared war. Amazingly, I actually managed to hold all parties at bay (this was Emperor iirc), but the war set back my development so much that I ended up abandoning the game. Needless to say, I now wait until I'm a true superpower before conquering City States... :lol:

Top Bottom