Next turn game freeze

Yoh

Chieftain
Hi,

So I'm experiencing a problem I used to get in G&K that was fixed, but now I noticed has re-appeared during a quick game on a small map. I got up to turn 368 and when I hit next turn, the game froze. When I couldn't Alt tab out I did the panic Ctrl Alt Delete combo to bring up task manager, then I learned that the game crashed and needed to close. So obviously I gave it another go, then on DX9 with everything on low and it froze again. The trying back on DX11 in strategic view, no luck. Tried deleting my cache and that didn't seem to do anything.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I think it was the turn just after I captured Indonesia's (from what I can see) last city. I just thought this may have some relevance as the freeze comes during processing for Indonesia.

Mini Dump File: https://www.mediafire.com/?ah0nwg3w3ea3pir

Problem Save: https://www.mediafire.com/?n7daa1vny8vq0ln

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LE/USB3 (LGA1155)
Graphics: 4095MB GeForce ASUS GTX 670
HDD: 932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0

I just got this message: Unhandled exception at 0x2287E1F0 (CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll) in CivilizationV_DX11.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000060.
It also says CvGamecore_Expansion2.pdb not loaded.

I deleted all local content and re-installed, still no luck.

[MORE INFO]
If there's any other info that may be relevant, please let me know and where I can locate it.

I can reproduce your crash and couldn't find a way to avoid it. Perhaps it's being caused by the Indonesian Infantry that is next to the last Indonesian city that you captured. If you have a save file from an earlier turn, try killing that Infantry unit before you capture the city.

If you have a save file from an earlier turn, try killing that Infantry unit before you capture the city.

Ah, I may have screwed myself over then, when I was deleting everything I only saved my latest savegame. I'm normally fairly good about keeping a bunch of saves.

Ah, I may have screwed myself over then, when I was deleting everything I only saved my latest savegame. I'm normally fairly good about keeping a bunch of saves.

Look in your Recycle Bin for the deleted saves. You also might have something in your Autosave folder.

Nah, I made sure to delete everything but that one save file, I deleted all local content on steam and deleted the folder in my games and emptied the bin. I guess I have a chance of getting it back if I use software for recovering files on my HDD though. I'm just glad I decided to try a quick game with a civ I haven't played before instead of starting a marathon game.

Top Bottom