Freight Traders and Workers

Liquidated

Goofed Up on Cough Syrup!
Freight Trade Caravans stand some modifications.

First, you pick up the food version far too soon, currently at the birth of the motorized transport, the hammer version at Consumerism is a bit late I guess but it works fine. I'd put both forms of freight into consumerism though is war that really spurred their acceptance.

Keep in mind that the US was the only major manufacturer of trucks in ww2 and every other nation had to rely on rail and horse still if not given the legendary Yellow Cab Company's ubiquitous deuce and a half from lend lease ;) There's no need to supply troops in the forward lines in this mod so might as well shuffle it to the non war butter techs.

There's a huge difference between horse drawn and mature mechanized transport, they need to go at least 4 movement tiles, the speed of an unpromoted light tank from Mechanized Warfare. Upping the limit to 7 would make sense too since once trucks escaped, no one could get them back into the bottle.

---

Modern workers should also get a speed bonus because they moved to trucks and not horses, start them off 3 movement and then work up from there as you get more advanced workers. Not to mention like start modern workers off with 3 promotions, 1 each woods hills and plains.

Industrial could get plains and woods and more futuristicWorkers can start with desert/arctic as well.

Cheers!
-Liq

Yes and no.

Depends on what you mean by 'major'.
Other countries certainly built trucks during WW2, but none to the extent that the US did where the ratio of Infantry to Truck was far lower than any other country. Additionally trucks (and radios) were the vast majority of 'war equipment' sent to the USSR via the Lend Lease program. I don't have the numbers handy, but I would bet money that there were more US "Deuce and a half"s in the USSR than Soviet built trucks.

The US relied on trucks for moving supplies in WW2 like no other country as they tried to keep up with a front moving so fast, horses and rails were unable to cope with the strain.

When you watch all the old newsreels and other propaganda they seldom show the horses but rather the toys that look newer. Operation Barbarossa ran their poor horses to death as the Germans realized belatedly just how effing large Russia is. Had the Germans actually put as much emphasis on logistics ... ug what ifs never go anywhere, it as a close won thing as is.

I stand corrected though disregarding the Russian side of things, I apologize.

To be honest though what with the cold war and all, much of the Russian side of the war is largely left out of English.

Cheers!
-Liq'd

Well if you ignore my history, the game mechanics stand, mechanized units of a mature nature are a ton faster than horse bound. Since Freight is the last of the trade caravan unit line, it stands to reason a movement of 4 would be fitting.

If we cannot have cargo planes on account the AI cannot handle them, I would love to see Rocket Based cargo transfer. Just imagine if something as simple as the jet engine did not exist, we'd live in a world with some seriously crazy rocket powered transport schemes.:crazyeye:

Cheers!
-Liq

We already have instant transfer between airports. It just needs the number of units it supports increased. I think that is all possible in the XML and the AI is aware of it. It is in base BtS.

Keep in mind that freight is generally for weaker towns, so if a rocket system for cargo was installed, if possible, make it only send to a separate drop zone that costs like 750 hammers on the receiving end and a launch pad for whatever price on the sender's side. Place it in all in Advanced Rocketry and I would say have the Missile Lab give a discount on the cargo rocket but...

but...

I need to re re-read this and really check the civic screen, hold on please....

<Does Not Compute> :nope:

Something is not right here, regarding multiple instances.
Spoiler :

Reminds me of a song that goes a bit like..
'Oh God please help us, please help us in this world.'

I can only face palm so much, am about to start editing my own XML :lol:

Keep in mind that freight is generally for weaker towns, so if a rocket system for cargo was installed, if possible, make it only send to a separate drop zone that costs like 750 hammers on the receiving end and a launch pad for whatever price on the sender's side. Place it in all in Advanced Rocketry and I would say have the Missile Lab give a discount on the cargo rocket but...

but...

I need to re re-read this and really check the civic screen, hold on please....

<Does Not Compute> :nope:

Something is not right here, regarding multiple instances.
Spoiler :

Reminds me of a song that goes a bit like..
'Oh God please help us, please help us in this world.'

I can only face palm so much, am about to start editing my own XML :lol:

It applies to both versions of the traits, the core and ls612s. That's all the doubleup is actually saying in a sense.

Did you miss the Civic requirement on the Missie Lab for Pacifism? :nuke:

That is interesting about the doubleup, thanks! Makes sense in that everything is repeated for developing leaders and whatnot for traits.

Cheers!
-Liq

PS. prolly the first and last time I ever have a use for the nuke simile.

Top Bottom