[Speculation]New Units?

I think there needs to be an upgrade path for the chariot archer. Medieval, Renaissance, industrial ranged cav. One could be horse drawn artillery that are very fragile but have bonuses against cities

I think there needs to be an upgrade path for the chariot archer. Medieval, Renaissance, industrial ranged cav. One could be horse drawn artillery that are very fragile but have bonuses against cities

Yes, this is the unit path that bothers me the most. I was trying to think of a mounted /ranged/skirmish type for each era.

Perhaps the horse archer can be brought in as a general unit upgrade for the chariot archer (which means the Huns would need an alteration).

Following that it gets tricky. I thought maybe a harquebusier/carabineer in the early Renaissance could be feasible, with only 1 range (like the gatling gun) but the ability to move after firing. They would have to be weak to physical attacks for balance.

After this is anyone's guess. Perhaps light horse artillery, with a focus on maneuverability ?

I would like to see the following new units or the following changes:

Classical:
- Axemen - 11 strength. 20% combat bonus versus infantry, 20% combat penalty bonus versus cavalry. Requires 1 iron.

Medieval:
- Double-hand Axeman - 18 strength. Same as original axeman unit. Requires 1 iron.

Renaissance:
- Skirmisher - 16 strength, 22 ranged strength. Like a rifleman unit but has ranged attack. 50% combat penalty versus cities. In this era, they are light infantry designed to harrass the enemy before the big rifleman standoff begins.

Industrial:
- Sniper team - 22 strength, 30 ranged strength. Like an infantry unit but has ranged attack. Ignores terrain costs. +1 movement. 20% combat bonus against infantry. 25% combat bonus when garrisoned in a city. 50% combat penalty versus cities. 100% combat penalty versus armored units and helicopters. Can move after attacking.
- Bazooka squad - 24 strength, 32 ranged strength. Like an infantry unit but has ranged attack. 25% combat bonus versus cities. 50% combat bonus versus armoed units. 10% air interception chance. 50% combat bonus versus helicopters. -20% combat bonus versus infantry units.

Modern:
- Drone Fighter* - like a modern fighter, but quicker to produce and larger operational range. 25% Increased damage received from interception. 25% combat penalty versus cities. Requires 1 aluminium.
- Stealth Fighters and Bombers need 1 oil as well as 1 aluminium.

Future:
- Giant Death Robots have a small chance (about 5%, can be lowered or negated with a military computer lab or something) of malfunctioning and turning to barbarian team. If there are spies in the game, they can be reprogrammed by enemy spies after researching computers. Also they should require 1 iron and 1 aluminium.
- Small death robots - upgrade to mechanized infantry. 10% stronger, but production cost is lower. Has a small chance of malfunctioning and turning to barbarian team or being reprogrammed by enemy spies** (if they are in the game). Requires 1 aluminium.
- Commando - 75 strength. Ignores terrain cost. +1 movement. Can move after attacking. 25% combat penaltry versus armored units and helicopters. 100% combat bonus versus robots.

*not sure about combat attributes
** Although I do not have G&K, I know that there are spies in that expansion and perhaps BNW could contain them as well.

Top Bottom