Hurricane and Civ4, both coming soon...

mephiston5

Chieftain
In fact, it looks like that new hurricane could be headed for me right about when Civ4 should be coming to town...

Talk about an unwelcome delay to getting my hands on Civ4...I just hope the game stores, and everything else in the area is able to get up and running again soon after.

Good luck to everyone else that might be in the storms way, may we all be able to play Civ4 hurricane free.

I wonder if there are hurricanes in Civ IV?...

I hope not, I have had enough hurricanes in real life to ever want to deal with them in a game...if I never see a hurricane again...I will be very happy indeed.

As a charitable person - I would invite anyone affected by the hurricane to come play on my computer! :)

Of course - you'll have to use a crowbar to peel my fingers from the keyboard!

I live in Naples (for now) and hope the Coastland Center Mall doesn't blow away. Where will I buy Civ4?!?

mephiston5 said:
In fact, it looks like that new hurricane could be headed for me right about when Civ4 should be coming to town...

Talk about an unwelcome delay to getting my hands on Civ4...I just hope the game stores, and everything else in the area is able to get up and running again soon after.

Good luck to everyone else that might be in the storms way, may we all be able to play Civ4 hurricane free.

There should be no delay becouse the hurricane is going to hit sometime sunday night-monday morning. Since it will be a Cat 1 When it hits it should not cause damage to make everything close for more then a day.

unless this news has changed :eek:

mephiston5 said:
Talk about an unwelcome delay to getting my hands on Civ4...

I love the understatement. Judging by this statement, a more dedicated Civilization fan there never was.

UnitQ said:
There should be no delay becouse the hurricane is going to hit sometime sunday night-monday morning. Since it will be a Cat 1 When it hits it should not cause damage to make everything close for more then a day.

unless this news has changed :eek:

will it stands at a Cat 4 now, so yeah it wont weaken lower then a Cat 3, and they are thining it could go up to a Cat 5 and hit land.....so yeah not good

Yeah, it should move on out to to the Atlantic Monday night, passing through FL on its way. But with any luck there will not be much damage...I just hope it weakens to a cat 1.

That way everyone in FL can get their Civ on. :)

hajmyis said:
will it stands at a Cat 4 now, so yeah it wont weaken lower then a Cat 3, and they are thining it could go up to a Cat 5 and hit land.....so yeah not good

Yeah dude, not worth the risk to stick around if you live on the coast. I would say, order your game from amazon and have them deliver it to wherever you are going to be staying, and make sure to take your computer with you:D

i've been considering creating a natural disasters mod for civ4... should I?

Rayanth said:
i've been considering creating a natural disasters mod for civ4... should I?

Absolutely, I'd contribute towards it! Brilliant notion you have there.

Top Bottom